Roof Racks

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 10:43
ThreadID: 22220 Views:1398 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I'm looking at purchasing a set of racks for my 4runner. Has anyone used the track mount systems where an alloy track is mounted on the roof, specifically the rhino ones, what are the pros and cons of this style? Similarly has anyone used the ones that mount on the internal rain gutters above the doors?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Peter (York 4x4) - Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 14:13

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 14:13
Hi , I used the rhino track mounted rack on my 4 runner and had a basket set up I was very pleased with it all and had no problems it was from Opp lock I mounted it myself it was strong enough for me to stand on the basket with no denting of the roof , hope this helps
AnswerID: 107541

Reply By: Croozer - Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 21:45

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 21:45
I had a Rhino track mount 3 bar system on my 4 runner which with a basket on it gave me no problems, very solid & looked good with aerodynamic cross bars. I first tried the in-door gutter mount bars which were terrible, they rubbed on the door, didn't allow the door to shut and seal properly and therefore were not waterproof.........
Definately go for the Rhino track mount...
Stu
AnswerID: 107600

Reply By: Longy - Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 22:11

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 22:11
yeah agree with the others track mount is the only way to go. I have a 4runner and have the track mount on and it's brilliant! Easy to adjust the length of the rack which is good for carrying different items, haven't got a basket and looking to get an alloy luggage tray up there in the future.

hope this helps.
Cheers,
AnswerID: 107605

Sponsored Links