natmap raster query

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 26, 2005 at 18:16
ThreadID: 22389 Views:1600 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
just bought the latest above mentioned and when importing the ecw files so i can use them in ozi explorer a message came up saying something about not being accurate enough for use with gps (or something), whats the go with that. anyone else had that or am i doing something wrong.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Tuesday, Apr 26, 2005 at 23:07

Tuesday, Apr 26, 2005 at 23:07
Hello - I suspect it is just a note from the OziExplorer bloke to cover his ...well you know. They are as accurate as any 250K scale map can be when used with OziExplorer (or even a hard copy - keep in mind 1 millimetre on a 250k Map is 250m on the ground) and a GPS (~5m accuracy with good sat lock) ...so even if the calibration was out by say 100m and your GPS out by another 100m your displayed position when using OziExplorer would be indiscernible from a "perfectly" calibrated map/good GPS sat lock. The 250k maps are actually as good as it gets (for a 250k map) so do not, in any way, be concerned with the message.
Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 108353

Sponsored Links