Victoria: Bunyip and area - another DSE stuff-up

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 20:11
ThreadID: 22423 Views:2015 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Actually I don't know if it's a stuff-up because I haven't read any of it yet but it's a fair bet if the DSE are involved it will be.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1ministory.cfm?story=117

Their "plan for the future" - God help us all....

Mike Harding
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 20:17

Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 20:17
Nope,

... this is fact, its been discussed at club level and other forums. started about 6 mths ago.

They wanna close the lot, cause they cant stop bikes, and allow 4wds to get through.. its "too hard" cause if a car can get though then bikes will have the right to.

The bacon have been working with Sparks and Embers busting bikes for unroadworthies and noise etc.

There is 1 house that is the main complaint. They even did noise testing from his land, and the only sound they recorded that was OVER the limit...

. WAS THE LAND OWNERS CHAINSAW.

Search Outerlimits for the thread on it.
AnswerID: 108468

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 21:26

Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 21:26
From outerlimits

there are some great points brought up in that thread.

EG: 99% of the tracks listed are miles away from any houses. They are all med to hard 4x4 tracks. There is an alteria motive here!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at a meeting last night regarding the Draft Recreation Framework for Bunyip Public Land.
Ot seems that there are going to be a lot of tracks closed. The main reason for these closures is noise from motorbikes and the complaints from local residents. The residents dont have any specific problems with the 4WD's.
There is somewhere around 60kms of tracks to be closed, most before the end of the financial year.
The tracks ear-marked for closure are:
Lyrebird Tk.
Two Scouts Tk.
Ridge Tk.
Horseshoe Tk.
Steering Wheel Tk.
Rankins Tk.
Lawless Tk.
Burgess Rd.
Goanna Tk.
Pharroahs Gully Tk.
Log Dump Tk.
Some of Little Bunyip Tk.
Sardine/Senset Firebreak Tk.
Also most of the tracks under the power lines that enter the creek gullies.
Some tracks will be re-opened in the northern section.

The draft proposal should be out in about 4 weeks for public comment. I will let you know when it comes out and urge you to make informed articulate comments.

I would like to see a trial of 4WD only tracks in the south (i.e. no motorbikes) in an attempt to keep some of these open.

This will be a big loss to the 4WD community. If any one hears about similar consultations happening you need to act!. It's no point sitting back and then complain that the tracks are closing!

We need to be pro-active!
We need our voice to be heard!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AnswerID: 108488

Reply By: Moto Nath - Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 12:53

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 12:53
hey guys,

chatting to the ranger of the area he stated that the problem was "4wheel drives destroying the tracks". last year (winter) lawless track (i think) was totaly destroyed by a group of 4x4. if the bikes would keep to the north of burgess rd they wouldnt be an issue aswell. i think to many ppl thrash this area and treat it with little or no respect. if a track is to rutted or wet leave it alone and move on to your next option, there are plenty.

nath
AnswerID: 112782

Sponsored Links