Terrancan suspension

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 20:24
ThreadID: 22424 Views:1707 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
Just had the susoension done on the Jerry I put the TJM package in for $921.00 fitted. Very happy with the out come no more bounce on both the front and rear and alot less body roll. Funny thing when I got home the box of spare parts that the springs came in with the make of car the springs are for on the top ( NG Pajero) , I wonder what other parts are the same ?

Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Troppo - Thursday, Apr 28, 2005 at 08:29

Thursday, Apr 28, 2005 at 08:29
Hi Dave, I believe the Terracan underpinnings are the same or very close to older pajero's. Good news about the TJM Package. Did you take the before and after photo's? If so, can you post them here, or the otherTerracan site, love to check the difference out . Cheers Martin (NT).
AnswerID: 108535

Reply By: GGL - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 13:19

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 13:19
Hi all
Have ordered a Terracan for delivery late May and intend to do a suspension update myself. I am intered in your comments re the TJM kit and the NG Pajero connection. Re other interchangeable parts apart from Hyundai's earlier connection with Mitsubishi I suspect that suspenion components from any vehicle of similar weight etc would be suitable as part of a suspension package. Did your TJM kit result in a lift front and rear and were your torsion bars tweaked up?

GG
AnswerID: 108926

Follow Up By: thepilot - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:26

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:26
Hi GG

Not sure on the other components re the pajero - terracan I just know of the springs from what it said on the box and just today I took it back to TJM for the 500 K's check. The ride hight is now front 730mm and back 760mm and they did tweak up the torsion bars a bit :-) Very happy with the out come. I think they measure from the bottom of the rim to the top of the guard from the ground mine sits at the rear 900mm and thats with 255 70 16 BF Goodrich A/T. You should also have a look at another forum site for the terracan's that was started by Jimbo who also is a member of this site.
http://forum.australia4wd.com/index.php?showforum=47
Are you getting the petrol or diesel ?

Dave
FollowupID: 365694

Reply By: GGL - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 23:19

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 23:19
Thanks Dave

Ordered CRDI. Have owned TD5 and currently selling 2002 3 lt Patrol (see Trading Post NSW (ACT vehicle). No complaints about either but do have a soft spot for the Patrol. However time for a downsize. I noted some previous comments from Jimbo going back to 26 February thread. I will check the site. I am looking at monotubes and whether there is need to go for the lot with new torsion bars etc. There is quality gear available at competitive rates. I do not particularily want to wind up the torion bars. Hence my interest in your experience.

GG
AnswerID: 109023

Follow Up By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 23:37

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 23:37
GG,

You won't get any lift at the front without tweaking the TBs. You will actually get a drop. This I know because they didn't adjust my TBs until after I had done 500 k's with the new rear springs fitted to allow them to settle. After the rears were done I had 55mm lift at the rear bumper and a 20mm drop at the front. After the TBs were tweaked it resulted in 45mm lift at the rear and 40mm lift at the front or thereabouts from my own measurements.

There is a rumour of new TBs becoming available in June.

Cheers,

Jim.
FollowupID: 365741

Reply By: GGL - Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 01:09

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 01:09
Thanks Jim

Appreciate the info that you and Dave have supplied. Have been a little busy and slow to reply. In my last post I mentioned that I was selling my Patrol, well it went on Sunday. So now I can concentrate on the Terracan. I have a relative at ABT4x4.com who among other things import high end suspension components etc for the hard core market. I will source my gear through ABT who are very competitive and am looking at torsion bars, monotube shocks and variable coils I will let you know how I progress. I have also registered with Australia 4WD as recommended by Dave.
GG
AnswerID: 109365

Sponsored Links