So, the whole Wolfie clan has had a test drive...

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:04
ThreadID: 22519 Views:2070 Replies:7 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
... and we are impressed to say the least.

"What did you drive?" I hear you ask...

Well, we are the new owners of the much anticipated Mac Os X operating system, it's called TIGER.

"Aw, Wolfie, we thought you was gonna tell us about a new 4 x 4..."

Well, yes, I would like to, but this little wolf has to save some more money. Now, Tiger....

Apple had it's WORLDWIDE release here in Australia, at least, yesterday, at 1800 hrs.

My son, the Apple aficionado, and BA Comp Sci. graduate, had already pre booked his copy at his reseller.

Well, You should have been a fly on the wall at our house yesterday afternoon.....

Ian..."Mark, this release is a bit like when all the little girls line up at book shops at midnight with their daddy's, and wait to buy the latest Harry Potter book."

Tracy..." Mark, don't you think you had better get changed before you go out to the Apple shop? I'm sure all the people will be lining up at the door in costumes, like those Star Trek conventions. Do you want to borrow my big hat, and we can tie some apples onto it?"

Rhiannan ( sister )..."Mark, can I come with you, and bring my digital camera, and take geek photos?"

Well, the door slammed, and he was gone...... on a mission....... for he was to return with a tiger.....

When he got back, we all asked him if the 4 TV stations were there, with the news anchor people doing interviews. Funny, you know... you'd think that nearly 21 years of having parents like us, he'd be sort of immune.....

Anyway, he got tiger up & running on 2 computers last night, and did the other 2 today. I'm sort of glad he went out and got the software, because I think if Tracy & I had have gone instead, we would have probably been kicked out of the shop or something. Bit like when Tracy tells me, she never wants to go to New Zealand, because she always cracks up when she hears them talk.

So, we're all Tigered up, and the best bit..... Mark paid for it all!!!

Sounds fair, I just shelled out for an Airport Extreme Base station, and 3 cards, along with ADSL.

May the force be with you.... or is that Na Noo, Na Noo...... like Robin Williams used to do in Mork & Mindy.

Cheers

Wolf on Tiger
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:18

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:18
Hmmmmmm.............

Sounds like Wolfie needs to head out to the desert for a while!

Muddy
AnswerID: 108961

Reply By: Big Kidz (Andrew & Jen) - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:26

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:26
I am still in love with Mindy
AnswerID: 108962

Follow Up By: Bros - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:50

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:50
Big Kidz,

Pam Dawber you mean.
Cheers,
Bros.
Work is the curse of the down and out bludger.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 365698

Reply By: Footloose - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 19:10

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 19:10
After reading that...I'm going to get one of those voice car alarms that can spot a Mac user and program it with Dr Smiths'
"Warning
Alien Approaching "

:))
AnswerID: 108970

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 19:35

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 19:35
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger
AnswerID: 108976

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 19:44

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 19:44
Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive
chorus
Risin' up, straight to the top
Have the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive
chorus
The eye of the tiger (repeats out)...
FollowupID: 365707

Reply By: Tim HJ61 (WA) - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 22:25

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 22:25
Disregard these jealous ignorarmaces Wolfie - just tell us whether it's fun to use, easy to set up, and how you don't get pop ups or viruses ..... :-)

Tim
eMac, 7600, 7200, and an ol' Plus somewhere in the cupboard.
AnswerID: 109009

Reply By: Member - RockyOne - Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 15:44

Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 15:44
Good on yer Wolfie! You caught me! I go back as far in Macs as Photoshop 3.0 (I think Photoshop was'nt avail on PC platform those days) now using and love Photoshop CS (still running P/S 7.0 on my magic old G-3 that refuses to die).Took my little Apple Mac iBook out to Birdsville for Anzac w/e to show my old army mated my pix taken during my six yrs.Now do my pix on Dual Mac G-5 (17" & 20" LCDs) and use iMac I bought from Grays Online for just $350,for my "hack"machine.Running OS X 10.3.8 which is so ezy to use..Guess will get Tiger around June..We are spoilt rotten these days with stable OS X (What's a crash?)..But we all must remember to back-up..
AnswerID: 109073

Reply By: Wombat - Monday, May 02, 2005 at 12:15

Monday, May 02, 2005 at 12:15
Wolfie,

Have you seen the new 30" Apple widescreen monitors? I WANT ONE!!!
AnswerID: 109210

Sponsored Links