Electrolux 3way fridge

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 23:42
ThreadID: 22533 Views:2883 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi I have an Electrolux 3way fridge in my caravan. The freezer dept works wondefully but the refridgerator compartmen has a bit to be desired. Any suggestions????? p.s. it will freeze a small bowl of water in two hours from the time it is turned on
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: muzzgit (WA) - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 23:46

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 23:46
When you go on trips does it frost up quickly? maybe the door seals are shot.

When you say it will freeze water, is that on 240v, 12v or gas. Mine is only average on 12v but is spot on for 240 or gas.

My mate puts those blue plastic ice blocks in his while travelling, re-freezes them once camped up, and puts em back in the fridge when on the road.
AnswerID: 109025

Reply By: Keith_A (Qld) - Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 09:21

Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 09:21
Ray - see post 22523 on same date (30/4). 12V computer fans are the solution. One outside (on the heating fins) and one inside the fridge on the cooling fins.
We now have ice on the fins in the refrigerator compartment - need to turn down the thermostat....simple, cheap, and it works...regards...
AnswerID: 109040

Reply By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 11:18

Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 11:18
sounds about right I have had 2 the first would work ok on 240v and when the gas cylinder was above half- it fluctuated between marginal and useless the 2nd was about as you describe, I couldnt figure out how to pull either out without major renovations otherwise I would have cleaned up the heat exchangers and burner. failing that buy an engal
AnswerID: 109050

Reply By: gone bush - Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 13:36

Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 13:36
our fridge was the same when we bought our camper trailer. we sort advice from Dario's Adelaide and was told to take the fridge out of it's position and turn it over 3 times leaving it stand upside down for about 1/2 hour each time, we did this which helped a bit but still not how it should be so then we were told to cut a hole under the back of the fridge on the floor to allow the breeze to flow through, my hubby did this and inserted a short piece of pvc pipe about 4 inches wide with some fly wire on it to stop those creepy crawlies from getting in, he also has a pvc end cap to put over the hole when traveling (which we always forget to put in place when driving). this has helped so much that my veggies ect now are frozen and we have to keep turning the fridge down now, we were told to put a 12 volt fan (computer fan)in if all above didn't work, we did need to. hope this helps you out.
AnswerID: 109061

Reply By: Redback - Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 15:31

Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 15:31
Hi Ray gone bush has it but we left ours upsidedown fro about 5 hours mate what a diff works bloody brilliant now the guys at the fridge shop said this is perfectly OK and won't harm the fridge, that is of coarse you don't leave it full when you do it, lol.

Baz.
AnswerID: 109072

Reply By: Max - Sydney - Monday, May 02, 2005 at 19:06

Monday, May 02, 2005 at 19:06
Ray - The other MUST with three ways is to set up level - I fastened a $5 spirit level from Camec to the van chassis near the front. When setting up we use a bit of timber under the lower wheel to get it pretty spot on side to side and use the jockey wheel to get level front to back.

If you don't spend a few minutes fussing about levels you may as well turn the fridge upside down permanently and leave the power off! On the road the shaking keeps the gas moving enough that you just get a bit of cooling as you go along. Ours gives good coling on 240v or gas once its level - and we used an Electrolux 3 way for a dozen years camping too with the same results.

If tropuble then, get the computer fans from Jaycar as in one of the replies above.

:-) Max
AnswerID: 109274

Sponsored Links