holden jackaroo opinions

Submitted: Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 09:06
ThreadID: 22535 Views:4333 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hi all, just a question on holden jackaroo. i'm looking at a 1994 v6 with hsv pack. its an auto with 185000 km. has anyone had experience and opinion on this vehicle for mainly beach and light bush work. also it's a five seater but want to know if i got third row of seats from the wreckers will the bolt straight in
thanks
jason
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Diamond (Vic) - Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 16:23

Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 16:23
a cpl of things autos use heaps of fuel.
expect around 15+ lrs per 100ks.
there a very capable vehicle of and on road.
third row seats theres 2 types theres the dicky seat where the seat belts mount onto the seat and can only carry little kids up to say around 10yo.
or the other seats where the seat belts mount into the body will need an engineers report.
the ones we have in our jack are the dicky seat type for little kids theres plenty around the wreckers but you will need to cut a hole in the floor by the looks of ours and the other bracket bolts on to the wheel well.
all up there a great 4by for the money but as i siad very thirsty if its the 3.2 auto.
cheers
AnswerID: 109078

Reply By: F4Phantom - Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 17:43

Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 17:43
I was off road with 11 cars one a jackeroo moneray. I hate these things normally but this thing poved itself to me in terms of capability. We were hitting water at 50 to 80km/h and thrashing our cars, lots of fun, the new jeep grand cherokee sucked bad in every situation off the road but the jack was really good. Also they are cheap to buy second hand.

PS i just remembered a problem we had with the jackeroo, it got water somewhere that was hurting it cause after a big muddy water cross the damn thing lost power and was never the same, the guy got the thing looked at after the camp and had to get both heads replaced. He was extreamly hard on his car though. Other than that it turned me around on a car i dont actually like.

AnswerID: 109092

Follow Up By: Savvas - Monday, May 02, 2005 at 17:40

Monday, May 02, 2005 at 17:40
Both heads? Holey, moley ... the air intake is actually above the back of LH headlight inside the guard. I assume you're talking about the 3.5V6.

That was a good effort to get that much water into it.
FollowupID: 365934

Follow Up By: F4Phantom - Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 22:21

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 22:21
Yes he hit the water at very high speed, this guy thrashed his car about the most i have ever seen a car thrashed. He is about to rade it in on a new 100 series so was giving it it's last beating. Lot of fun to watch but the car did not enjoy its time. also did extensive panel damage and all the rest which goes along with exciting - but reckless off roading.
FollowupID: 366145

Reply By: Member - Matt Mu (Perth-WA) - Monday, May 02, 2005 at 11:13

Monday, May 02, 2005 at 11:13
They are a very capable mid sized 4WD. I have owned a MU for about 200 000km (jackaroo running gear) and my father has owned two Jacks. They were both V6 manuals. He had heaps of problems with the manual, there is a recognised prob with the 5th gear whine but I think Holden stuffed up more everytime they looked at it. Even left the front diff locked when they re-installed the shift on the fly actuator incorrectly! Apart from that (you wont have the manuall probs) they are tough as nails and dont think you will be dissapointed at all. Parts with any Isuzu are costly, but if you shop around they do get more reasonable than OE.

Rob at JackarooWorld can source just about anything better than the local.

I think the HSV pack has an exhaust upgrade otherwise that is a great mod for the V6, they even have restrictors in the exhaust headers that free up once removed.

Dont think you will have probs with the seats, but it WILL need to be engineered if you want ANY seats in the back fitted leagally. The origional dicky seatsa should bolt in, most manufacturers do have all the holes etc on all models.

Goodluck with the purchase.

Matt
AnswerID: 109199

Sponsored Links