Sat Nav with Ipaq

Submitted: Monday, May 02, 2005 at 09:07
ThreadID: 22564 Views:1706 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks to everyone who gave advise and maps and hardware at bargin prices on my sat nav questions a few weeks ago

Glenn and i loaded everything (oziexplorer and destinator 3) (do not do with a little hangover and tied, it take longer lol) yesterday and it works a treat. I love the destinator 3, fantastic. I have the Ipaq and laptop set up the same so if one breaks down the other can take over. The Ipaq has a bluetooth GPS receiver and the laptop has the CF GPS card.

thank for you help

Crazie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Wesley S (WA) - Monday, May 02, 2005 at 14:00

Monday, May 02, 2005 at 14:00
And now you have the best of both worlds....happy gpsing it only gets better from here.
AnswerID: 109227

Reply By: Jarrod - Monday, May 02, 2005 at 18:01

Monday, May 02, 2005 at 18:01
Hey Crazie, isn't ti cool what you can do.. Im doing the exact same as you with the ipaq, plus the laptop. Now that youv'e got ozi, Try obtaining the digital elevation data, (Ill try find the link for download, - or can chuck it on a cd for you) , get ozi 3D and impress your friends...
At the moment im using melways, vicroads, and CFA maps. also have Natmap series for Oz, and also Destinator 3. I had co pilot laptop 7 but reckon Destinator 3 is heaps better.

Jarrod(Vic)
AnswerID: 109259

Follow Up By: Wazza - (Vic) - Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 21:28

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 21:28
G'day Jarrod,

Is that a scanned melways or from some other source? I have tried a couple of scanned pages on the ipaq with ozi and seems to work ok. But, buggered if I would do the book... I have the CFA and Vicroads as well, damn handy.

Wazza.
FollowupID: 366129

Follow Up By: pjchris - Wednesday, May 04, 2005 at 16:13

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 at 16:13
Wazza,

My Melways came from MapTrax, Vicroads from GPS-OZ, Natmaps from local Map shop (in central Melbourne). Email me if you want to see them, I work in the city and live in Pakenham and drive up to Rowville and Ferntree Gully two nights a week. pjchris at gmail.com

Peter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 366229

Sponsored Links