Lake Cobbler Track

Submitted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 09:58
ThreadID: 22599 Views:3529 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
HI there,

I'm hoping somebody can provide me with some curent information. I'm planning on a camping weekend to Lake Cobbler in a few days time . We're heading of with a 4WD and Camper Trailer however there are others in our group with 2WDs. I've been to Lake Cobbler some years back but are unfamiliar with the current road conditions when using the approach from Bennies on the Rose River, up the Lake Cobbler Track. Can anyone update me please.

Cheers

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crackles - Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 22:20

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 22:20
Hello Sailor ;-)) The route in from Bennies is a good 2wd logging road but deteriorates a little after the Little Cobbler track. It's still OK in 2wd but your mates may bottom out a few times in places. Care needs to be taken for the last 200m into the lake particually crossing the waterfall creek & again would be a little slippery on the way back out after rain. Check the wheather forecast before you go as I did hear some people talking of the possibility of snow in the high country this weekend. Here's the forecast off the BOM....
Friday Scattered showers, mainly on the ranges. Cool.
Saturday Isolated showers on the ranges but mostly fine. Cool.

Cheers Craig...........
NE Vic....................
AnswerID: 109536

Reply By: Marko - Friday, May 06, 2005 at 07:30

Friday, May 06, 2005 at 07:30
G'day Sailor,

Were planning a trip in a few weeks time to the same area. I would love to hear how the fishing goes if you don't mind? Feel free to e-mail me
info@dynamic-heating.com.au Thanks and have a great trip

marko
AnswerID: 109960

Sponsored Links