Cub Drifer Eclipse Advice

Submitted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 12:50
ThreadID: 22605 Views:4001 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I looking at upgrade my old Coleman Camper, which has been excellent fun the last 8 years. The old girl has done many miles and quite a few trips on Fraser Island, Red Dirt Roads, and many other places an on road camper with not much ground clearance should never attempt.

I have overheard a few people say, “How the hell did he get that thing here”

They are an excellent camper and has served us very well, however my 11-year-old daughter that loves camping now no longer loves sleeping in same bed as 9-year-old brother (fair enough).

I had a look at a 95 model Cub Drifter Eclipse (same size as a Jayco Eagle outback)
with steel panels, galvanised strong chassis one piece fiberglass roof, off road wheels and suspension. The Cub looks much stronger than a Jayco. Tare weight 920Kg GVM 1200Kg

Lots of room for the family with two double beds 1 single and table converts into a third double bed.
I have a 2001 Toyota Prado so should not have much trouble pulling it.

I have not seen many of these campers around
I know that Cub stopped making them and now concentrating on the flip style campers.

I was wondering if any one had any experience with them. This unit is in very good condition and is half the price of a Jayco the same size and age.

Very tempting…

Regards

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)