Hyundai Terracan 3.5 V6

Submitted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 at 21:21
ThreadID: 22666 Views:2379 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello, anyone able to provide a comment on the Terracan as a medium size 4WD as to its on and offroad abilities and ride qualities. Many thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Wednesday, May 04, 2005 at 21:37

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 at 21:37
Con,

I've had one for near a year.

On road it goes like the well known off the chrome.

Off road, with improved suspension and tyres it is a genuine competitor in the medium duty stakes.

Have a look here

www.terracan.australia4wd..com

Should answer a lot of you questions.

Best value medium 4wd bar none IMO.

Cheers,

Jim.
AnswerID: 109704

Reply By: Jabiru-WA - Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 16:30

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 16:30
Hi there

I've had mine a couple of years and i agree - its a good value vehicle. Its very comfortable (my big bum is comfortable in it) and I can drive very long days and still able to walk at the end of the day.

My wife and I drove 13,000km iin 5 weeks a couple of years ago. In July we are doing a quick hop from Perth-Alice and back.

I've driven over a fair variety of terrains, and find it quite suitable. If you want a full-time bush basher go for a truck, but the Terracan is a good balance between road and off-road. dust seals and ventilation are excellent.

The only thing I really wish for is a larger fuel tank, however if you go for the new Diesel model that's not such a big issue.

Hint re UHF radio: I bought one of those remote head jobs and mounted the works part under the back seat, leaving only the little head to mount under the ash tray.
AnswerID: 111644

Sponsored Links