Touring the Northern way

Submitted: Friday, May 06, 2005 at 22:02
ThreadID: 22730 Views:2043 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
We're back online after a break from the PC due to finally moving out to Oz. Our Bushtracker caravan is nearly ready (a matter of weeks) and we now have our Ford F250 ready to tow plus a few add ons still to be made.

At the moment we're in Maroochydore Queensland whilst we wait for our new caravan and the plan is to head North to Cairns (or further) and then across to the NT. Does anyone have any good suggestions as to places to see or things to do with small children away from the tourist caravan parks - ideally places with views to take your breath away.

Sasha (Mrs Homeboy)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: japmel - Saturday, May 07, 2005 at 19:13

Saturday, May 07, 2005 at 19:13
G'Day Sasha,

Can't really offer any mind blowing sites. I just wanted to say welcome to Aus I hope things work out for you.

What do you think of the winter heat.

Regards
japmel
AnswerID: 110197

Follow Up By: Mrs Holmeboy - Saturday, May 07, 2005 at 19:30

Saturday, May 07, 2005 at 19:30
Thanks Japmel

We kept saying we must be mad leaving a Welsh winter for an Aussie winter but so far it feels like the best summer we've had yet :o) although Maroochydore seems to be a bit wet over the last few days it still is nothing compared to the cold, wet and throroughly miserable weather we left behind.

Everyone keeps saying it is best if we head North now and work our way round to WA so this looks to be the plan, just need to get prepared for a few things first (safety and all that!) and hopefully we'll be heading off very soon on an excellent adventure.

Sasha and Roy
FollowupID: 366763

Follow Up By: GEG - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 13:35

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 13:35
sash,

drop by the hamburger hut for food on the highway to mackay. just past there is a lovely scenic park for your kids.

my kids were blown away with yeppoon ridges resort...kanagaroos, horses, fantastic swimm pools and dont waste your money in the restaurant - go to the barbeque areas and buy some wonderfull rocky steaks for the best meal ever. the resort will give you all the plates and wash them too - as long as you are staying in one of their units...lots of area for kids to run around and you are right on the beach. my 11 year old son just had to attend the archery lesson.

good luck...how old the kids?
FollowupID: 366820

Follow Up By: Mrs Holmeboy - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 20:46

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 20:46
He Geg

Our two are 6 and 4 a bit younger but still love anythign that involves kangaroos, horses, swimming and food ;o)

Sounds fantastic we will def check it out when we get there.

Sasha
FollowupID: 366886

Reply By: Toy_Hilux - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 19:25

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 19:25
Hi Mr & Mrs Homeboy,

First up, welcome to the our wonderful land down under. When you get close to Ingham (nrth of Townsville), email me and I will let u know my address. Email is:
kcartwri@bigpond.net.au . If you can't then phone is 0408 834375. Might be able to point you to a few spots that I think are quite pleasurable. Our kids have a ball sometimes at these places.

Have fun discovering Aus.

Darryl
AnswerID: 110336

Follow Up By: Mrs Holmeboy - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 20:48

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 20:48
Thanks Darryl we would really appreciate that we'll email you over the next few days.

Sasha
FollowupID: 366887

Sponsored Links