landcruiser sahara 96

Submitted: Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 11:47
ThreadID: 22767 Views:1968 Replies:8 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have recently purchased the above auto vehicle which has done 112,000 k. Two of my mates own 4 x 4. One has a Auto Jackaroo SE 2001 50,000 k and the other a 1993 manual landcruiser GXL 70,000k.

They have both rubbished my purchase for the following reasons:-

Leather seats (they consider them to be too cold)
Sun roof (An electrical compliance that can go wrong)
Fridge (You can purchase a $100 aftermarket which will do the same job)
Too big (The turning circle)

Furhtermore I intend to put the vehicle on LP Gas and they have said that it will not have any pulling power and there will be no warranty from Toyota.

Personally I think this is all just rubbish but I would luv to come back at their negative comments the next time I see them. Can anyone help me with creative answers that will put them back in their box!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 12:21

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 12:21
a) must admit I'm not a fan of leather seats but you can always get covers.
b) do your mates have aircon, headlights, elec windows, indicators or anything else electrical? Tell em not to use em cos they can go wrong
c) or you can get one with your car and not pay $100
d) plenty of room for your gear and a vehicle with a reputation for reliability. Made for the job

I suppose it's relative to what you paid for it but sounds like yer mates are being a bit negative to put it politely. I'm about to put lpg on mine this week and the dealer has assured me that it won't affect warranty. Check it out. Loss of power is negligable. Have a search thru the archives on lpg, there's plenty of good (mostly) advice here. Enjoy your new fourby mate
AnswerID: 110281

Reply By: Utemad - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 12:23

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 12:23
How about:

Leather seats: easier to keep clean
Sunroof: easier to get out when stuck in a river or with trees dirt etc blocking the doors.
Fridge: (cooler?) $100 you don't have to spend since you got it already.
Too big a turning circle: How is it bigger than your mates 1993 Cruiser GXL??? I don't know about a Jackaroo turning circle but my Rodeo's is terrible. Can't see a Jack being much if any better. Compare the quoted turning circle from the owners manual on the Jack and Cruiser.

I imagine gas would be fine. Friends have it on same engine (4.5 petrol 6cyl?) and don't complain. Just use petrol for towing or heavy 4wding. What warranty does Toyota give on a 9 year old vehicle anyway?

Just tell them that jealousy is a curse!
AnswerID: 110282

Reply By: Exploder - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 12:48

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 12:48
Gday Shane

I think they are all just upset because they do not have leather, power everything and all that room+ one kick ass looking truck.

Just put a towel over the leather when you go bush so there is less chance of it getting damaged.

What is the worst that could go wrong with a sunroof (It doesn’t open)
AnswerID: 110286

Reply By: Member - Geoff M (NSW) - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 13:34

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 13:34
Leather Seats: Tell them you and SWMBO are so hot blooded the cool down will be great.
Sunroof: You got that so they can still see the sun shining out your Sahara driving a**e when your together.
Fridge: Just keep waving the coldies out the window whilst in convoy.
Too Big: If memory serves me correct, 93 and 96 cruisers have pretty much the same running gear and chassis. How are there turning circles different? The Jackaroo "may" turn slightly tighter, wouldn't be much in it. Also, are they worried you won't be able to turn around quick enough to rescue their sorry souls?

As to Toyota warranty, it was made in 1996. How much warranty do Toyota and Holden actually give on new cars????
Tell them the slight power drop is to their advantage. They'll be able to occassionally see the tail lights on your Sahara!!

Geoff.
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 110289

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 13:49

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 13:49
Look at getting gas injection....set up by lp-gas 1 in melb, or others...it wont loose you power at all and will be computer controlled like the motor is.
The cruiser wot let you down electrically i dont think...mine has these things and the sunroof is aftermarket (unlike yours) and its played up sometimes, but ive always managed to get it shut.
Andrew
AnswerID: 110290

Reply By: Steve - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 17:03

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 17:03
why would you switch to petrol for towing when you've got lpg?? Just concerned cos I'm having mine converted soon but I do quite a bit of towing.
AnswerID: 110314

Reply By: udm - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 17:59

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 17:59
Mate, you have done a good buy.
AnswerID: 110326

Reply By: shane novice - Monday, May 09, 2005 at 13:02

Monday, May 09, 2005 at 13:02
Thanks guys for the good replys,I will use them with confidence.
novice shane
AnswerID: 110433

Sponsored Links