sportiva vs northstar tents

Submitted: Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 13:15
ThreadID: 22769 Views:1846 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
just come back from camping where we endured the usual torential rain storm including excessive thunder and lightning.

I have the sportiva headland tent and for the 3rd time in being exposed to such weather...we all stayed dry and warm...except for the little bit of water that seeped thru under the sewn in floor...im sure if i had been bothered to dig a trench or use a second canvas under the tent - we would have escaped such puddles.

Couple of campers in the area had the northstar tent. excellant floor, never seeped in any water...but, the fly dripped water through the roof all night. not at all a good tent for the rain unless you have all the windows zipped up. which is way to stuffy and hot for qld.

glad I have the sportiva...my girlfriend has the same and lasted 10 days in the torrential weather at brunswick heads 2 weeks before xssy.

all we need now is a gazebo that wont take up too much room but I can cook and eat in when it is raining. anyone got any good ideas?

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trev88 - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 22:39

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 22:39
Sportiva have a dome gazebo with a water proof fly 3x3x1.9 h we use it without the fly in hot weater (keeps the flys and migies out) and with the fly in wet weather.

Again simialr feed back on the sportiva we went through a hail and rain storm in the vic higlands back in Dec 04 and did not get a drop inside.

See out there
Trev88
AnswerID: 110369

Sponsored Links