Small 4x4 trip advice

Submitted: Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 19:36
ThreadID: 22782 Views:1808 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have just been put in charge of organising an overnight 4x4 camp where the 4x4ing will be done on the saturday. I am after some awesome small 4x4 trails some of you may know or done. We have around 10 4x4's with around 20 people. The cars range from the extreamly capable to the average, but no soft roaders. We all live east of Melbourne (croydon area). FIY we went to bunyip last time, it was alright but the tracks are short (but good) and we ended up traveling in circles, i want a kind of start point with a destination in one direction in instead of a 4x4 park like bunyip. Water crossings would also be awesome (we dont have any snorkels) and i have heard of a healsville trip that i have the PDF of from the nissan web site, it looks alright. Any advice would be much welcomed. Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 19:51

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 19:51
Water crossings? LMAO .. most are about 1ft deep with the small lack of rain in recent years.

You will find most of the Nissan treks can be done in a stock 4b.. the reason they are there for NEW 4wders to use after they buy their new stock GU.
AnswerID: 110343

Reply By: bazza - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 20:46

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 20:46
not sure what happened to my original reply however short version get BUSHTRACKS of Victoria by R & V Moon . if up Bright way pop into our Fire Station...Bazza
AnswerID: 110354

Follow Up By: F4Phantom - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 20:56

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 20:56
i have see 4x4 australia by R&V, i will take a look at the local version, its a good book.
FollowupID: 366890

Reply By: fozzy - Monday, May 09, 2005 at 09:29

Monday, May 09, 2005 at 09:29
if you are headed up rubicon or eildon way then a great liitle test track is as follows.
throughy yarra glen and up and overmt slide heading for glenburn
there is a overtaking lane and from memory just near the start of it is marginal rd on your right
this track is only about 50m before marginal rd on the right heading away from melb.
best to send the cars with plenty of clearance up the track first as would say it is reasonably challenging.
or can leave that track for coming home and anyone who has had a whinge about lack of challenging tracks can give it a go.
dont send cars without a bit of clearance up it.
ps havent been up it for a few yrs so may have improved or got worse.
certainly worth a look.
plenty of tracks in /around toolangi with bog holes etc-havent been there for a while cos sick of trying to clean radiator etc from mud
licola area is good also
could go as far as jamieson /howqua or aother spot is near goughs bay past mansfield
let us know if want more info about this last one

cheers
fozzy
AnswerID: 110393

Follow Up By: F4Phantom - Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 22:37

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 22:37
i might go to eildon as there are heaps of tracks and some steep climbs, i dont know the big river area but it is so big i think we would get lost in one weekend.
FollowupID: 367166

Sponsored Links