Follow up on dropped object from trailer

Submitted: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 15:09
ThreadID: 22896 Views:1978 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I received a cheque from RAC yesterday refunding my excess and notifying that my no claim bonus was not affected following the claim I made to get my windscreen replaced after it was smashed by a stick falling of the trailer in front of me (see post 22253). It was quicker than I initially thought but only because I called them regularly. In fact they would have done nothing if I had not called after one week to ask the status of the claim. They were surprised as to why I was calling and it's only when I said to them that they needed to chase up the owner of the trailer to pay up that they realised they had to do more than gettinng the windscreen fixed!
And then it is very lucky that I had a witness because the a##hole with the trailer denied everything. Without a witness I think I would not have won the claim, but then I would not have made a claim directly maybe.
Conclusion is do not give up with the insurance company and push them to get what you pay them for and also if you have a witness make sure you get his details.

Sly.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 15:38

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 15:38
G'day Sly,

Great result but you would like to think that it should all be automatic once you lodged the claim form - we dream in hope.

Maybe fit one of those on dash video jobs (another recent thread) to have a witness on tap.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 110837

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 16:36

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 16:36
"Maybe fit one of those on dash video jobs (another recent thread) to have a witness on tap."

....... and one on the left side.... and one on the right...... and one on the rear..........

and if my SWMBO is driving..... one on the roof! ;-)
FollowupID: 367272

Reply By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 23:47

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 23:47
Well that's good news for you. Congrats.

If you remember I did give you a poke regarding the way in which you handled the situation and I am content to be wrong, especially as you faired well in the end.

Im glad you followed it up on here with another post. Thanks.
AnswerID: 110942

Sponsored Links