Low Oil Level Light

Submitted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 21:52
ThreadID: 22986 Views:3069 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a HZJ75 Troopie 1997 Model and have found it to be almost faultless except for one little thing. The "Loe Oil Level Light" keeps comming on even when I have bridgedout the sensor in the sump. I would rather have it working as from factory. Does anyone have a copy of the full electrical diagram or know of a common cause they could point me to? The bugger still scares the bejesus out of me when it suddenly comes on for no reason! All help will be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 23:38

Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 23:38
yea I know of a common cause of that most useless light coming on - the damn things get ripped off every time you go out bush. Waste of space coz if you check your dipstick you shouldnt run out of oil unless you take something out when out bush in which case you probably would have torn it off (again) ages ago anyway. probably not much help but to me it doesnt seem the smartest thing put on a cruiser
AnswerID: 111303

Reply By: Peter 2 - Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 14:22

Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 14:22
It was put on in the mid to late 90's because 1HZ's do use a bit of oil when they get a few k's up especially when pushed along or working hard.
Around town (where lots get sold and used) there was the odd one siezing from lack of oil because the soccer mums don't check the oil weekly.
I drive a Coaster with a 1HZ and it gets through 1 1/2 to 2 litres of oil between 5k changes, down 2 litres brings the oil light on.
Not likely to rip the wiring out in suburbia.
AnswerID: 111333

Sponsored Links