information wanted

Submitted: Monday, May 16, 2005 at 19:50
ThreadID: 23037 Views:1279 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
goodevenig all
i am in the middle of reading the BPL discussion paper and have decided to shove my 2bobs worht in ( theres some heavybleepe in this paper and worth a read as it could involve just about everything that receives a signal in your house
any way am after info on self regulating bodies whether they work or dont work??
names of bodies etc but i need facts not b/s

TIA

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 14:31

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 14:31
Steve, I'm a bit mystified about your request. Self regulating bodies ....umm...in which area ? The WIA, the electricity authorities, 737 network , ACA etc ??
AnswerID: 111623

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 18:16

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 18:16
goodday footloose
any and every one success or failure 1 of the things discussed by aca is that companies setting up a BPL system come under a self regulating body ( 1 suggestion)
from my personal observations there are not many self regulated industries that work properly so i am trying to get other peopls opinions before i end up with foot in mouth desease

steve
FollowupID: 368021

Reply By: BenSpoon - Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 14:34

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 14:34
I dont know how much luck you will have on this one... why the interest in self-regulated authorities? It seems everything related to the BPL will be overseen and have standards set by the IEEE or on local matters the ACA, and any discrepencies will be handled ultimately by the TIO, DCEP and the ACCC as per established arrangements. I dont know if there are any truly self-regulated bodies involved in this issue.

Worried about BPL interference? the same sort of concerns arise when a new TV or radio station pops up, and on a smaller scale, powerlines (HV or otherwise), cordless phones, electrical mains wiring, wireless networks etc all provide their fair share of problems which we still mange to deal with.
AnswerID: 111624

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 18:22

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 18:22
goodday ben
see above for part of your answer (to lazy to type twice )
if you have a read of the discusion paper you will see that a lot of things in your house may have to be upgraded because of the range of spectrum that bpl is proposed to use as i said above it makes an interesting read
steve
FollowupID: 368024

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 18:24

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 18:24
The self regulation issue that Steve (GOB) is referring to is a point of suggestion that may be considered for future regulation.

They are requesting information from you and me about what we think of that as a means of regulation.

The whole point of the ACA request that Steve is referring to is to gather ideas and thoughts so that they make some sort of recommendation to the Minister, its up to you to put your point forward as to whether you think that road is good bad or indifferent.

So read the document and have your say now or you may not like the consequences.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 368025

Sponsored Links