99 jackaroo 3.0 tdi- oil pressure problem

Submitted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 21:52
ThreadID: 23076 Views:3302 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
hi, oil pressure will not build up when facing downwards on a hill at startup at idling speed. if i park it on a hill and roll down without starting it the above happens also when i start up. i have correct oil and factory filters installed and changed the o-rings on the oil strainers. holden and nrma have not come across this problem. any help would be appreciated
regards
rod
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GrantSA - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 08:36

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 08:36
At x-mas I had problems with the oil presure which shut off the engine via the engine management system. Turns out the oil pick up arm had fallen off. Lucky for me it was covered with the extended warrenty I umed and Awed over untill the all preseient wife said to do it. By the way I have a 2000 diesel jack.
This problem of yours sounds very similar to mine only my engine cut out when I drove down a hill and there was no guts to it when going up hill.

Cheers
AnswerID: 111751

Follow Up By: kaziah - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 20:42

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 20:42
thanks for the reply unfortunately my problem only occurs after parking on a hill facing downwards but once i drive off oil pressure comes straight up and no other problems
FollowupID: 368208

Reply By: guzzi - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 08:37

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 08:37
Simple things first,
Oil at corect level
Correct oil dip stick fitted, if its not correct length, your oil level will be incorrect.
Any obvoius large oil leaks
Oil pressure sender, clean all electrical contacts, earths related to this, check wireing for breaks, damage.
Is the oil pressure sender actually working, swap with a new one to check.
Wireing behind the dash for the oil pressure guage, clean/ plug fitted correctly to the pod?
More difficult and expensive.
Are you actually getting the correct oil pressure, plumb in a guage where the sender unit fits and check it out.
Oil pressure relief valves and bypass valves in system stuck open?
Oil pick up in sump, is it still in one piece and the correct lenght.
Oil pressure in these engines also operates the fuel injectors, so on this premis if you had drastic oil pressure / flow problems it probably wouldnt start anyway.
Look at the indication system for loose / dirty /damaged plugs and wireing.
Goodluck
Guzzi
AnswerID: 111752

Follow Up By: kaziah - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 20:52

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 20:52
thanks i will take some of these ideas back to holden. i have waited 20 seconds before with no movement in the pressure gauge until i drive off and this has not affected the injector system. car runs fine at all other times, oil pressure comes up normally at all times except after parking on a hill facing downwards.
FollowupID: 368209

Reply By: Member - Darryl - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 23:00

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 23:00
Kaziah,
I have a 2000 model and we had a similar problem,gauge not showing pressure for 20 seconds or so.We experimented with different grade oils with some luck,but i was still not happy.Took to our local dealer and they confirmed that definately had pressure and looked further.They discovered the pressure relief valve block under main filter was faulty.On removal it was found the main spool and a score on it ,dont know how .Maybe damaged tooling when manufactured.
Anyway 6weeks to get one ,fitted it and instant pressure.Ours was under warranty so cannot give cost of repair.If you dont know oil grade is super important with this engine.Do a search! I running Penrite 5w /40 as guide depending on your location.

Regards

Darryl
AnswerID: 111875

Reply By: kaziah - Thursday, May 19, 2005 at 21:27

Thursday, May 19, 2005 at 21:27
thanks, will be booking car into holden again and put this scenario to them also.
AnswerID: 111991

Reply By: Craigjackaroo - Saturday, May 21, 2005 at 15:56

Saturday, May 21, 2005 at 15:56
A recall was done in the uk for cracked or broken oil pickup pipes in the sump. This may be a possibility.
AnswerID: 112203

Follow Up By: kaziah - Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 18:29

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 18:29
thanks for the reply the pickup pipe seems ok
FollowupID: 368609

Sponsored Links