Removing anti-sway bar on GQ ?

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 06, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2313 Views:2839 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I am considering to remove anti-sway bar on GQ to improve articulation as currently do not have enough $$ to upgrade suspension.
Does anybody can tell me is it really make the difference (i mean by what extend can it improve articulation?)
If I drive it daily in city without the bar (
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Glen - Wednesday, Nov 06, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Nov 06, 2002 at 01:00
Hi,
Had a GQ and took the anti-sway bar off at the same time i put in aftermarket suspension.Lifted the car about 80mm plus. Yes i think it did help a little in the slow rough driving when it was removed. With it removed stability at high speed did not seem to be affected. One hundred thousand ks of off road touring and the only time I have ever come close to rolling it was when i was doing something silly in a four wheel drive park at slow speeds on slopes. The sway bar is only held on by several bolts, you can take it off and take it for a test drive. If there is too much body roll for your liking just pop it back on. But on standard springs i think you won't have too much of a problem. With the bar removed it will allow your springs to work to their limit in slow off road situations. Hope this helps a little.
Glen
AnswerID: 8281

Follow Up By: Iamgq - Wednesday, Nov 06, 2002 at 01:00

Thanks Glen. I will try to test it later on. I also wonder if it is not roadworthy ? Do you know ?
FollowupID: 3968

Follow Up By: Diamond - Sunday, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:00
a sway bar will not afect roadworthy as 3lt patrols dont come with them as standard.i went the other way and got one fitted by pedders a little heavier than standard and the first thing i noticed was the lack of shaking on bends not that it was to bad i didnt really notice it till i had the sway bar fitted and noticed the lack of shaking as for loss of articulation you may gain a little more but unless your doing rough stuff all the time i think it would be worth while keeping it there
FollowupID: 4808

Reply By: Truckster - Wednesday, Nov 06, 2002 at 01:00

> If I drive it daily in city without the bar (<80km/h), does it really affect
the stability of whole car and prone to roll ?

Ask Harold Scruby about the rolling, but as for better Articulation you are still limited by the rest of the suspension.

Also as for daily driver, my mate calls my car the SS.Truckster, it sways LOTS on corners, and isnt really the thing for a daily driver. Either get quick disconnects, or just undo the bolt at each end of the swaybar when you hit the bush, total of 5mins work.

I have 6in sus lift with bigballs kit, 33's and body lift, so get a bit of roll, specially with the roofrack on!
AnswerID: 8287

Follow Up By: Chris - Thursday, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:00
Judging by some of the answers that Truckster has been giving lately on a daily basis he must be a human encylopedia or he is playing with his big------ Kit.
FollowupID: 3983

Follow Up By: Truckster - Thursday, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:00
I wish, Im stuck at home after Knee Reconstruction doing all 4 ligaments with Donor ligaments from a cadavor...

Nothing else to do since Daytime TV should be blown up, so play online games, got another 3 weeks until I start fizzio... :(
FollowupID: 3997

Sponsored Links