Pt dempster to Balladonia roadhouse WA

Submitted: Friday, May 20, 2005 at 00:49
ThreadID: 23142 Views:2756 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
hi guys
wondering if anyone has done this trip in the past few months,would like to know how difficult the track is,i heard it is extremly difficult thanks DB
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pterosaur - Friday, May 20, 2005 at 10:50

Friday, May 20, 2005 at 10:50
Hi,

no recent info., but the road was closed when I was there last (2002).
Cheers
AnswerID: 112054

Reply By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Friday, May 20, 2005 at 11:16

Friday, May 20, 2005 at 11:16
yea couple of times last was at christmas. I assume you are talking the track 70k east of Ballidonia that leads to where the cliffs start and the telegraph track that leads to Toolina. What do you want to Know? I have the area trip noted if you like I can Email it to you when I get back to work next week. The notes are from Ballidonia to pt Culver then to toolina and backtracking back to culver and along the beach to israilite bay-pt malcolm, then along the telegraph track to Bellingers beach and following the bays to the top of mt pasely and to the eastern end of Poison creek. It would only be cosiderd difficult in a commodore
AnswerID: 112062

Follow Up By: Member - Bigbear - Friday, May 20, 2005 at 12:02

Friday, May 20, 2005 at 12:02
Hi Davoe
I am considering this trek in spring (Oct). Would be very interested in your trip notes if you are willing. You can send via member messages.
Thanks
Bigbear
FollowupID: 368417

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Friday, May 20, 2005 at 13:14

Friday, May 20, 2005 at 13:14
no probs but it will have to wait till I am back at work next week. I dont think you can cut and paste word documents to mm but if you mm me your email. I sent a rough draught to EO to see if they were interestd as I was going to put it into the accepted format and add photos but apparantly all treks need a trek file so this is waypoints and descriptions as well as most distances and fuel usage. Btw apparantly acces to toolina beach has been ripped down by calm so you may have to stand on the cliff tops and watch the fish swim around with impunity
FollowupID: 368428

Reply By: motherhen - Friday, May 20, 2005 at 15:57

Friday, May 20, 2005 at 15:57
Love Davoe's comments "only difficult in your Commodore". Last year my city nephew went around the area looking for some serious 4wd-ing. He was disappointed; the tracks which were extreme in his 4wd track book were a breeze (it was dry - he did add that lots of rain may make a difference). His comments about the the author were "he would probably rate my driveway difficult and your extreme".
AnswerID: 112097

Follow Up By: Pluto - Friday, May 20, 2005 at 17:47

Friday, May 20, 2005 at 17:47
I think most trip authors over rate the tracks they write about, to scare off the inexperienced.

I haven't done the Pt Dempster - Balladonia trip yet, but the info I have is that it is corregated and at worst a little washed out in places. As long as it's not wet, it should be a bit rough but not difficult.
FollowupID: 368464

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Friday, May 20, 2005 at 17:56

Friday, May 20, 2005 at 17:56
neither really the first part is a bit rutted as it is clayey and people have torn it up when wet then it turns good and as you get closer limestone outcrops are a bit rough. The descent down wylie scarp is now a doodle as it is covered by conveyer belt . a carefully driven family sedan could easily make it to the top of the scarp.
FollowupID: 368469

Sponsored Links