Caravan Park Alice Springs

Submitted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 17:41
ThreadID: 23208 Views:2205 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone stayed at the Alice Springs Heritage Caravan Park and if so what is it like. It is the only park in Alice that takes dogs and that is the reason for asking.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tim F (NT) - Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 20:00

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 20:00
Howdy Ron,

I have been out to the Herritage Caravan Park, and you are right it is the only park in town that will take dogs. The park is "OK", however there is always a lot of dogs at the park, can be a bit noisy? The park is situated outside of town through the gap, just south about 4k's from town center.

regards tim.
AnswerID: 112338

Reply By: Pterosaur - Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 21:01

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 21:01
Hi,

stayed there in 2002, placed in tiny "tent" site (I had been 4 months on road, so could jdge relative size of site pretty well) next to drunk (& aggro) dude (with aggro dog). Only park I stayed at ( from Tas, LH turn at Melbourne, to Alice via West Coast, Kimberleys) that charged a "dog deposit" (of $20), then did not want to refund deposit when I left, as I could not find receipt (I had left it in the office when changing campsites due to aggro bloke). Substantial argument required to get deposit returned. At the time there were plenty of available sites, dunno why park manager/owner tried to put me in tiny site (width of vehicle, slightly longer), nor why the hassle over the deposit. Will not stay there again. Dog stays in Tas. next trip too.

regards
Terry
AnswerID: 112356

Reply By: warthog - Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 21:16

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 21:16
There is another caravan park 9k's down ilparpa rd that takes dogs about 14k's from town. The facilities are basic but clean and although further from town the setting at the foot of a ridge line is much nicer than Heritage c'van pk. The lady who owns the park is a friendly honest lady, Mona Cramer, I should know I lived there for a number of years some time ago. The phone no is 0889522533, used to be difficult to contact at times due to limited office hours, they also own a small agistment property, but you will get through.
AnswerID: 112360

Follow Up By: Member - Johnno - Monday, May 23, 2005 at 11:04

Monday, May 23, 2005 at 11:04
Could'nt agree more Warthog. Mona is a great lady. Very pretty countryside area too. Only hiccup we had there late last year was a few crazy permanent local campers (not you I'm sure!) but they were harmless enough.

Johnno
FollowupID: 368674

Reply By: Graham & Ann - Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 23:00

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 23:00
Agree with Tim F comments. We have stayed at the Heritage 4 times in the last year for a total of 4 weeks. Never had a problem with getting bond back here or at any of the many parks that now charge dog bond. Nice showers, yes there are some small sites but there are some large sites. If you want the pick of the sites, pre book and PAY up front.
AnswerID: 112375

Reply By: dougie diesel - Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 23:53

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 23:53
Hi Ron,
We have stayed at the Heritage CP several times even before getting a dog. Haven't had any dramas. Amenities clean and in good condition and always friendly service. We were based out of Alice and stayed there when we came in to town. I guess that any CP has the potential to have ratbags in it from time to time.
Cheers
Dougie
AnswerID: 112380

Sponsored Links