Runva Winch

Submitted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 07:12
ThreadID: 23258 Views:7478 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have any info/experience with the Runva Winch?
These winches are used widely in Asia and are also used on the Hummer vechicles. I am interested in there use here in Australia - they are a lot cheaper to purchase than comparitive equipment here. The quality is there according to reports from Indonesia & USA.

Cheers

Mike

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: locallaw - Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 16:32

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 16:32
Gidday,The winches are made in China(try alibaba.com )and are copies of other winches.The same with Bunnings generators.All made in China.Some people reckon they a great and others reckon they are crap.What it boils down to is you get what you pay for.Caveat Emptor.
Just my bit,
Seeya Locallaw
AnswerID: 112612

Reply By: motherhen - Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 18:27

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 18:27
Look at my post 22517 - the forumites gave me heaps of info and advice on winches. We ended up by getting a good deal on a second hand Warn, but have nothing against the Chinese ones, and were being outbid for them on eBay when we came across the Warn. We also liked the look of the Mile Marker from USA - used on Army vehicles, and someone on eBay was getting in a couple per month. The Warn also fitted perfectly into the ARB bullbar, so that was nice and easy for us. On eBay you will find new Chinese ACME, T-Max, Ox, and a few others.
AnswerID: 112632

Sponsored Links