duel battery system 89 2.8D 4runner

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 10, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2334 Views:2295 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
can some one help me please with some pics on where to put the second battery in under the bonnet because as you see these 4x4s have no f%%king room email me gk4x4@hotmail.com please need some help pulling my hair out here it isbad enough iam losing it.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick n Sal - Monday, Nov 11, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Nov 11, 2002 at 01:00
We have a '90 model and have gone with the installation of a turbo diesel Surf air cleaner to fit the second battery where the factory air cleaner lives. ( the Surfs have two batteries fitted to cover their electrical load - sunroof, windows, locking etc ). Doing this still permits the use of a snorkel as the entry point for the air cleaner is still the same.

The other common option is to have someone modify your existing air cleaner assy so that it fits further back under the bonnet is rotated through 90' so that the lid of the can points forward. Doing this has the advantage of keeping the factory air cleaner - only problem is you will most likely have to remove the second battery to change the air filter.

Do a search on this site for battery and you will find previous answers to this very question.
AnswerID: 8376

Reply By: moggo - Wednesday, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:00
We have 88 lux 2.8D dual cab,with a dual battery system,but we have got it under our tray.Hope this mite help you out good luck.
AnswerID: 8481

Sponsored Links