Oallen Falls??

Submitted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 at 18:12
ThreadID: 23403 Views:5721 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Guys,

I am looking for information on Oallen Falls, including location (coords would be great), and general description of the area with a view to camping there for a weekend. Not looking for facilities.
Cheers,

Ivan
2008 D4D Prado

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Sunday, May 29, 2005 at 18:35

Sunday, May 29, 2005 at 18:35
Gday Ivan
Oallens crossing crosses the Shoelhaven and is on the main road from Nerriga to Bungonia. Dont have any co-ord ....but it is approximately 30km west of the intersection of the Turpentine rd (Nerriga road) with the road to Goulbourne via Bungonia... access to everyone with a car or feet, so might not be real secluded....(like Charleyong)
Catchya Mate!
Andrew
AnswerID: 113470

Reply By: uncle - Sunday, May 29, 2005 at 21:30

Sunday, May 29, 2005 at 21:30
If you have a south coast forests map you cant go wrong.The place is actually called Oallen Ford,beaut place to camp,you may want to collect some fire wood on the way as lots camp there and very popular on weekends,and on previous trips wood is very scarce!
The Nerriga pub is only a stone throw away too ..Great beer and pies. Co-ords are 35.09.02S 149.57.58E If ya have a gold pan or sluice,take it along your guaranteed of a few colours.Cheers and have fun
AnswerID: 113500

Reply By: Willb - Sunday, May 29, 2005 at 21:32

Sunday, May 29, 2005 at 21:32
Hi Ivan,
From memory the area has plenty of campsites by the river and seems to be a popular site with a good many level sites. I have seen people panning for gold there as well.
A word of warning though, the turpentine road from from Nowra to Nerriga just past Tiangara Falls is a real bitch.
Will
Always planning the next trip. VKS-737 mobile 1619

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 113501

Reply By: Erwin - Monday, May 30, 2005 at 05:25

Monday, May 30, 2005 at 05:25
Ivan

I remember it as Oallen Ford. We used to go camping there when I was younger - about 40 years ago. It was great then, I suppose there would be a few more people go there now. There used to be a fellow, a recluse I suppose you could call him set up permanently in a gully as you come to down into the ford. We came from Wollongong and went via the Hume Highway and turned off at Marulan South. It used to take 3 hours. 2hours bitumen- 1 hour dirt. Or we would come from the other end and turn off a Nowra and go through Nerriga. 1 hour bitumen and 2 hours dirt.

It was a great place. Good for panning gold, bush walking and rabbit shooting. Have been stuck on one side of the crossing when the river came up. There was nothing there then - but my info is a bit dated. Might be a resort there now.

regards

Erwin
AnswerID: 113516

Reply By: Member - Steve (ACT) - Monday, May 30, 2005 at 14:17

Monday, May 30, 2005 at 14:17
Hey mate,

We've got a South Coast Forest map, if you want to take a look I'll pop it in once we have the car back, or can scan the needed section for you

Sandy
AnswerID: 113568

Sponsored Links