ThreadID: 23430 Views:2053 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Trip Report is up from the weekend's adventure at:

http://www.exploroz.com/Members/Gathering_View.asp?GatheringID=34
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Monday, May 30, 2005 at 19:05

Monday, May 30, 2005 at 19:05
G'day Moggs, thanks for the great report and the fun too over the weekend. We got all the way home from Mansfield in 5.25 hours travel time. I really can't add too much mate such is the report. I see that floyd was expected and we saw him looking over the window sills as we passed with the curtains slightly open FOO like. Do you remember "FOO WAS HERE"?

It really was a fantastic weekend even though there was some trepidation at Mitchells Flat. I remember someone saying "I don't like this" until the relief and achievement over the top. I think that was at stage two with the logs and the wash outs. You couldn't even hold it on brakes with the slippery clay til you got back to some stone again. That part took three goes after deflating the tyres even further. Pretty baggy then and in danger of slashing.

Those idiots in the bog where we drove with aplomb. I am still aghast they pulled with one of the old style tow balls with the 3/4" bolt through. Possibly not even high tensile and a breaking strain of may be up to 2 tonnes.

One of the great parts of a trip is the things we learn from our fellow travellers, Kir and Adam, Ashley, Stan with Michael and of course you too Moggs. Thanks for the great weekend organisation and the fun. The fellowship is a major part of a weekend and was fantastic. Why isn't the rest of the world like that? Hope to have better organisation of the orchestra for the next trip, may be some Python tracks.

Thanks again Kerry.
AnswerID: 113616

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, May 30, 2005 at 19:07

Monday, May 30, 2005 at 19:07
Sounds like you guys had fun, sorry I missed it.
Never mind next time.

Cheers
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 113617

Follow Up By: Member - Browny (VIC) - Monday, May 30, 2005 at 19:25

Monday, May 30, 2005 at 19:25
Well done guys,

Sounds like fun, one of these days I'll get to a trip.

Browny
FollowupID: 369692

Reply By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Monday, May 30, 2005 at 22:09

Monday, May 30, 2005 at 22:09
G'day Moggs

From Adam
Fantastic report, what a fantastic and challenging weekend. Kir and I had a ball and enjoy the company of everyone involved (Kir felt the need to contribute below). I am glad and a little suprised we all made it through with out any damage. In saying that we had 2 rocks hit the windscreen coming out of yarra glenn, one minor crack and a flat tyre to boot...hahaha least it happenend on the black stuff. oh and the ipaq wire is now fixed, so we have power again. To everyone else, i spent 5 hours loading the detailed maps and then as soon as we got off road, the wiring failed hahaha.

It was a great weekend, the weather might have tried to dampen the weekend but the spirit of all involved made sure the weekend was a huge success. Great laughs, big fire and awesome drives made sure we had a fantastic time

thanks Moggs for organising it and to Ashely, John and Heather, Stan and Michael for the company.

From Kir

Hi all, thanks for a fantastic weekend, loved every minute of it, though some more than others! Mogs, I think you have missed your calling, the post rivals the work of some of the greatest and captures the weekend perfectly. Great laughs, great company and great country side. It still amazes me that people choose to go overseas to have a holiday when a few days in the high country revitalises the soul. Can't wait for the next trip! To the rest of the adventurers, thanks for the fantastic company, it's great to spend a weekend with people who have the same outlook on life and interests as us
AnswerID: 113647

Reply By: Member - Stan (VIC) - Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 15:12

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 15:12
Excellent trip and great trip report Moggs. We enjoyed a bit of challenging drive weekend very much!

I have put some photos and PM all you guys with the location
due to privacy issues wity some of the photos.

Most are taken by 5 year old Michael - I am innocent :)

AnswerID: 113743

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 19:17

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 19:17
Hey Stan, Michael should soon be going into photography competitions I reckon. He has done very well for a 5 year old, he has learned the camera arts better than a lot of adults.
FollowupID: 369856

Sponsored Links