Queen's birthday weekend ideas

Submitted: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 22:40
ThreadID: 23477 Views:1970 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My wife and I are looking for ideas for the long weekend 11-13 June. We would love something around 300km max from Sydney. We would like to take our dog with us.

Thanks and happy travels...
Michael
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Earvin Johnson (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 07:58

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 07:58
G'day Michael,

I am not sure what you are looking for exactly but with your dog in tow you could try:

1. Wollondilly River Station on the road to Wombeyan Caves.

2. Grab the South Coast State Forset Map and have a look around Yadboro State Forest and camp alongside the Clyde River. Beautiful spot and heaps of tracks to explore although nothing too challenging.

3. Yalwal although some of the 4wd tracks are now gated. Plently of dirt bikes though.

4. Sofala, Hillend, Bridle Track is always worth a look. Nice touring weekend.

5. For something a bit different go to Mudgee and sample the wines. The Riverside Caravan Park is dog friendly and has good facilities.

That's pretty much all I can think of at this time. Being the long weekend it will be pretty busy in places.

Enjoy.

AnswerID: 113854

Follow Up By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 11:35

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 11:35
I second Wollondilly - Brian (if I remember his name correctly - the owner) is a great character. Just be aware that he sometimes enforces his "big dog weekend" and "silly little dog weekend" alternating weekends..... and has turned people away for bringing the wrong size dog.

Sounds silly - but it works a treat. Last time we were there ( a big dog weekend), our female Malamute nearly ate some little furry morsel - who's owners sneaked in for the day. Brian was pretty upset that we (who rightly-so brought our big dogs) had to suffer the embarrasment of having our dog cough up another...
FollowupID: 369932

Reply By: Redback - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:06

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:06
We're going to Jenolan with friends and we're taking our dogs your welcome to tag along if you like.

Baz.

redback8me at yahoo dot com dot au
AnswerID: 113876

Sponsored Links