dual batteries in NP pajero

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 20:29
ThreadID: 23503 Views:2375 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just purchased NP Pajero and looking at putting in a dual battery system problem is the size of the battery as a ED4 is the only one that will fit in has anyone else c0me across this or has anybody found another solution
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Smeetsy - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 20:58

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 20:58
G'day,

Got the NP and have purchased the Thumper bat from WAECO and have set up a fast charge in the under floor at the back. Basically the same thing but i am able to move the battery around which helps. Takes about 6 hrs to charge and lasts 4 days on the fridge. I deal for trips where you can just leave it on charge at all times without degrading the batt.
Cheers Tim
AnswerID: 113965

Follow Up By: Sapper - Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 10:05

Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 10:05
I agree with the battery pack. I have not even considered a second battery. Also I replaced my standard battery with a 700CCA one. It delivers all I need and more.

What is your fast charge set up. You can reply at jpritc@iprimus.com.au

Sapper
FollowupID: 370799

Reply By: jasonh - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 21:46

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 21:46
i am in the same boat. traded my dual cab triton for NP and now have to reduce to 10" bat (ED4) to use trays from TJM or ARB. there appears to be room to fit an N70 size in there if you run it parallel to the fire wall but TJM didnt stretch there rack enough. i may get their rack and modify it or get the arb one and move the leads around as i think it provides for an N70 for a start battery? i dont think i could get 4 days out of a thumper up here in NQld. what amp hour rating is a thumper? couldn't beat an deep cycle N70 size surely? if it can, i'll get two
AnswerID: 113985

Reply By: Smeetsy - Thursday, Jun 02, 2005 at 07:38

Thursday, Jun 02, 2005 at 07:38
Your porbably right JasonH but i have a good cover and also run it only during the day, night time seems to keep enough chill in it down here in the cold land! Thumper is 48 AMPH but the practical thing about it is that i don't have to drain it to charge it again ( non-memory dry gell cell). Also the reason i opted for this set up is that i have a De-Bug unit in for the diesel, plus the waeco charge kit in the same area as you would have put the battery. This also leads into compressors etc, you don't have much room in there do you? But there are plenty of other spots just takes time and patience.
Cheers Fellas
AnswerID: 114041

Reply By: jasonh - Tuesday, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:53

Tuesday, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:53
smeetsy
i gotta ask, whats a debug unit? i dont have time to do the research but am monitoring this site. this is my first diesel so i am not ophea with all the gadgets for diesel 4bys
cheers
AnswerID: 114728

Sponsored Links