leak in 00 hilux, air con?

Submitted: Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 14:35
ThreadID: 23560 Views:7509 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
i have a problem of my carpets getting wet in my hilux. its happening on both sides of the centre console about halfway down the footwell. it appears to be seeping from inside the dash area somewhere. i suspect its the air con drain as there doesn't seem to be much coming out under the car after using air con, and this is also when the carpet seems to be wet.

any suggestions on how to fix it? ... other than "take the carpet out"

cheers joel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 17:14

Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 17:14
Yeah if the drain is blocked it's no wonder it's overflowing into the cab, my aircon pumps out STACKS of water.

Have a look at the firewall from the engine bay side, you should see a little rubber hose that comes out and goes straight down towards the ground. Normally it get's full of mud or spider webs etc. Just get either a long pipe cleaner and ram that up and down a few times until the water starts to pour out or do my favourite and get the air compressor nozzle onto the job and give it a bit of 120psi! LOL
That should sort er out.

I remember once in a pintara we had it got spider webs all clogged up in the dran, everytime you'd go around a sharp corner water would splash onto your feet! ;-)
AnswerID: 114252

Reply By: Melly - Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 17:28

Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 17:28
Hi Joel

Would you believe that our 2003 Hilux SR5 is currently at Toyota being fixed for the exact same problem. This is the 3rd time it has been back to them.

Firstly they told us it was the door seals and they resealed them - WRONG

Secondly they said it was the windscreen, they resealed the windscreen - WRONG

Thirdly, they have said that water is coming through the firewall, where the wires go through the gromet and the water is travelling backwards into the car therefor causing wet floors/carpets. They have scilliconed the gromets to stop the water flowing back in. We are yet to find out if this is fixed as the car isn't being picked up until Monday.

I removed the carpet back from under the pedels and poured half a bucket of water onto the lower half of the windscreen and stuck my head under where the pedels are, and litterally saw water dripping in above the pedals.

Hope some of that info might help.

Cheers

Mel
AnswerID: 114253

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 20:40

Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 20:40
Had a 75 utebleepwater into the passenger side footwell. By sticking my head up and having a look all it was was a plastic joiner to the aircon tube had been kicked - easy
AnswerID: 114281

Reply By: time waster - Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 16:17

Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 16:17
i had the same problem with my new one in 03 they found it behind the a/c unit on yhe fire wall tehy had not sealed the panel join properly in the factory they would not listen to me when i told they tryed everything else because they didn't want to remove a/c.but thats were it was
AnswerID: 114356

Sponsored Links