Park the Fourby up - Best Walks

Submitted: Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 22:35
ThreadID: 23574 Views:1911 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
-Canooing Katherine Gorge - yea I know it isnt walking but kiaking alongside those cliffs broken up by sandy beaches is a must. Highlight was going undr an overhanging part of the cliff for a rest out of the sun and being joined by 2 curios short neck tortoises. Another good kiak spot is the brilliantly clear torquise waters of the Flora river. Katherine Gorge also prvided a lowlight as I was charged heaps to use my own Kiak to discourage BYO and use the operators crappy canoes.
-Kings canyon rim walk - Fantastic views of a unique area
-Mt Bruce Karanjini, tough long walk with great views of the Karanjini I climbed it one morning and then Mt Meharry the next 2 highet peaks in WA conqured in 24hrs
-S bend to z bend lookouts Kalbarri - about 12k following the Murchason away from other Tourists gives you good views of the waterfowl and the fascinating cliffs
- Mt Ragged/Peak charles, Hard to seperate these 2 tough climbs with basic bush camps both are fairly isolated spots with views of miles of not much from the top

So whats your favourite walk?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 22:49

Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 22:49
ARGHHHHH I give up why cant when you post a thread and it fails (times out) cant you go back and cut and paste it into a new thead in its entirety. This dumb looking post is only half of the original
AnswerID: 114301

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 22:55

Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 22:55
Sorry still wont work - this is the first half
In response to Trucksters reply on Walking in the flinders ranges it got me thinking of the best walks I have done so in no particular order here are some that stick in my memory.
- St Marys peak Flinders ranges, walk through the middle of the pound and visit the hoestead before climbing the ridge of the pound and to the top of St Marys peak for fantastic views of an Australian icon before descending on the outside of the pund and making your way back for a well deserved coldy.
-Uluru/Ayres rock - got there to find the climb closed so did the base walk. Climb opene late in the Afternoon, Sorry to youse politically correct mob but walking around the bottom is no substitute, Standing on the top watcing the sun set over the Olgas was a highlight of the trip.
FollowupID: 370267

Reply By: Tripp'n Around - Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 00:52

Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 00:52
Hi Davoe

Copy the whole contents before posting, it helps.
Then if it does "time out" on you, you have it copied so then you only have to paste and submit.

Cya
Tripp'n
:)
AnswerID: 114306

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 00:58

Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 00:58
Thats the problem cant post something that has been copyed in its entirety. I have tried to cut and paste previos answers coz The same question has been asked again and I cant do it. After it timed out I pressed back and got the post back up and copyd it and pasted it into a new post - wouldnt submit just timed out again. Tried everything would not cut and post in its entirety
FollowupID: 370274

Follow Up By: Tripp'n Around - Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 02:36

Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 02:36
Hi Davoe

mmmmmmmmmmm..................Have you tried to write or copy and paste into microsoft word and then copy and paste from there into the post you are doing?

Otherwise?

Cya
Tripp'n
:)
FollowupID: 370276

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 03:00

Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 03:00
hmm no will do next time but I did try creating a folder on c drive and copying into that (didnt work) now go to bed at least I am working
FollowupID: 370277

Reply By: Steve - Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 12:53

Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 12:53
Davoe: was it the National Parks charging you? What tie-up do they have with canoe operators or is it they who hire them out?

no probs with crocs? - spose they'd be freshies

did you paddle Ningaloo reef whilst round Kilbarri area?

never been up there but one day........ do a lot of paddling in NSW and Qld hols
AnswerID: 114338

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 20:28

Saturday, Jun 04, 2005 at 20:28
yep nat parks charged me I dont know what the connection was , Ningaloo isnt anywhere near kalbarri, and had a bit of a croc incadent with one growling at me but i was already past it by the time i heard it
FollowupID: 370312

Sponsored Links