Rotten Sods hit me again

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 05, 2005 at 17:02
ThreadID: 23602 Views:2200 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Some sod tried to open my Pajero with a screw driver and with some considerable force applied. Really R&^^%ed the lock, distorted the metal surround but didn't get the door opened. The alarm didn't go off, nothing missing, (nothing to nick anyway) just the trouble and expense to replace the door lock. Decided to use one of those round key "Solex" kits rather than genuine Mitsubishi as I cound buy on Sunday and fit it my self. We don't use keys anyhow (central locking though alarm anyhow) so I'm interest in what the Bastards will use next time to try and force the lock.

Was having a good weekend upilt then.

Hope yours was better.

Regards
Russell
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nudenut - Sunday, Jun 05, 2005 at 17:52

Sunday, Jun 05, 2005 at 17:52
a hammer! break glass and open door...if they want it bad enough they'll get in....
what we need is to be able to catch em doin it!
AnswerID: 114450

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 00:32

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 00:32
dude on OL has had his tires slashed NIGHTYLY in recent weeks - including a set of Baja Claws 300klms old....

He called the bacon, they said "what do you want us to do?" Totally DTLLTGAF

Yes catch them yourself.
FollowupID: 370382

Follow Up By: Swine Hunter - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 04:18

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 04:18
Brick/Hammer various other tools = master key to almost any vehicle with glass!

Catch them yourself, and DON'T call the Police......hand out some free karmer with a hammer of your own....on the mongrel's hands!!
FollowupID: 370384

Reply By: uncle - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 07:22

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 07:22
Hi there Russ,this reminds me of a theft that happened to a group of us a few years back while we were Rock climbing at Thompson's point in Nowra.We were living across the river at Nth Nowra at the time and decided to go for an arvo climb,we'd parked the car at the top and me being the mr inquisitive guy that I am, for some reason or another,just happened to take notice of the other cars that were parked at the top at that time also!One of the guys we were climbing with "mick" was in the navy,however his car was reg in Qld.
I think this is what eventually led to the whole bullbar,winch,lights and uhf aerial being knocked off.These guys were good at the time ,I'll give them that...they sent 2 guys down the track to the base of the cliff to say hello etc,while the other scumbags were cutting cables etc up the top in the car park.Around 10 mins after these guys had arrived this guy pops his head over the cliff and yells out hi guys.This was the call to say lets get the flying #$%@ outa here now!!Wev'e got the goodies inother words!
So later on we gets to the top and I've said" hey Mick, someone's flogged ya bull bar" Micks reply was yeah right! Any way to cut it shorter now I knew the guys at Nowra Toyota and also Machonacies 4wd cenres back then and tol d them to keep an eye out for anyone looking to buy a Warn remote as they didnt get that! It was in the glove box hidden away! @ weeks later BINGO! this guy from Huskisson who may i mention I noticed had his rodeo dual cab parked in the car park when we'd pulled up at first.It had all the trimming s on it but one thing he didnt have that Mock had was the winch.Anyway my mate's got his name and nuber for me and told this guy who's name I now know!! And in the mean time I did the wrong thing and called the cops.But he did get an awful surprise when the D's turned up at his place to check out his new winch that was now fixed to the vehicle.Absolutely busted! Mick got his winch back but not the lights or radio aerial in the end,...Since then the slime bag we found out has moved to Qld! but it got better! wait there's more,before he left for Qld it turned out he also worked with a guy I knew in town with an electrician! and we happened to run into him at the local tavern that christmas while they were having there staff drinks, and the look on this guys face was i tell you PRICELESS!
AnswerID: 114501

Follow Up By: uncle - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 07:27

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 07:27
And the moral to that story is"It doesn't pay to shop around!"
FollowupID: 370389

Reply By: Bob of KAOS - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 10:16

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 10:16
My Pajeros used to get done over with mon. regularity. That was when we lived in Griffith ACT about half way between two lots of housing trust blocks of flats. Mind you the house was burgled repeatedly as well, and anything left in the back yard would disappear (bikes, BBQ etc) When the garage was cleaned out, as well as several neighbours' garages at the same time, it was a good opportunity to update a lot of fishing and camping gear. The locks in the Paj were held in place with circlips that could be dislodged by jamming a large screw driver in the lock and rocking it to bend the panel. There was nothing the cops could or would do. The theft problem has been solved by moving to the bush, although some neighbours have been done over by scumbags on mountain bikes entering their properties through the ACT forests which border our region.
AnswerID: 114526

Reply By: Member - Chris M (QLD) - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 22:12

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 22:12
Mate, had the same thing happen 3 times to my GQ. All you can do is get a better alarm...or flame throwers with movement sensors under the sidesteps.
AnswerID: 114684

Reply By: jaaap - Tuesday, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:20

Tuesday, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:20
Elictric fence energiser works good as will 240 volts
AnswerID: 114721

Sponsored Links