Good place to stay for a few days

Submitted: Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 10:54
ThreadID: 23622 Views:1855 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks,

We just had a few days away at Pottsville in Nortehrn NSW.

Now normally we don't stay in van parks as such as most of the time we are in the bush or national parks etc, but I thought it may be worth a quick plug to tell you all that the Pottsville North Caravan park is a pretty good spot for a stay.

The unpowered sites back onto a tidal creek named Cudgera Creek and they are a good size so they can easily cater for tents, camper trailers etc, and there are also a lot of powered sites available. Parking is provided so your car is right at your camp site.

Park facilities are great including good amenities, a swimming pool, a beach volleyball court, a basketball hoop and backboard on a half sized court and there are a couple of good camp kitchens as well. The park managers seem pretty good folks as well.

The local town has most of the conveniences you would need and if you needed more, then you have either Murwillumbah or Tweed heads only a short drive away.

Now the main reason we were there was to have a few days with my folks as we don't get to see them that often. While we were there the old man and I nailed some great fish in the local surf and river and all in all it was pretty good.

Anyway if anyone is ever in that part of the world and looking for a place to set up, then this is not too shabby at all. Don't go expecting any 4x4 action as this is not readily available in the area. Evertyhing else is accessible on foot so the walking shoes need to be packed.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter R (QLD) - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 18:28

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 18:28
Brian,
Can back you up there. Great park.
We went there for a few weeks last January, and were impressed.

By the way the butcher has the best meat I have tasted. Reasonable prices and friendly service. The bowls club next to park has an excellent chinese restraurant and well worth a visit.

We are booked in again for next Janurary.

Pedro
AnswerID: 114634

Follow Up By: Brian B (QLD) - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 19:15

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 19:15
Pedro,

I'll have to check out the butcher and the bowls club next time.

We are hoping to grab a week down there in July/August as I am keen to try and catch a few tailor if they are there.
FollowupID: 370493

Sponsored Links