cav fuel filter

Submitted: Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 11:19
ThreadID: 23625 Views:1787 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a toyota troop carrier diesel HZJ75 with two fuel filters . I have bought a cav adapter and fitted a cav filter to the secondary fuel filter . My question is can i buy another adapter and fit a cav filter to the primary one as well. I have read the previous posts/arguments/LOL .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve West - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 20:30

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 20:30
Hi Glenno,
For the sake of a few dollars why risk damageing your injector pump and possibly blowing up the engine to a cost of thousands of dollars, check that the alarm on the original filter works every time you service and if you should pick up a gut full of water from a bowser and have been on the road for hours and the filter has filled up with water and the injector pump is now pumping water instead of diesel into the engine, you'll be wishing you had stuck with the unit that sings out ( HEY I'M THE FILTER AND I'M FULL OF WATER HELP ) a freind two doors down drives a GQ shorty and rang me only about three weeks ago, the alarm came on he opened up the tap and out came a gut full of water but the problem wasn't over as the alarm and warning lite would not turn off. We removed the filter from the car and took the sensor unit off to find it clogged up with muck,mud (a lot of crap) cleaned the sensor changed the filter (no damage any where) and Ben changes filter every 10000 km. If you already have a CAV unit in line then you have both visual and sensored ,I have thought of doing that my self as my cruiser had a CAV unit on when purchased but unsure of pressure restriction to fuel pump and engine so have just stuck with origanal unit had to buy new sensor for around $100 but for sense of security worth every cent (but thats just my appinion)
regards Steve West.
AnswerID: 114656

Sponsored Links