Spring Rubber has moved

Submitted: Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 20:04
ThreadID: 23648 Views:1430 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello Everyone

The spring rubber on top of the rear spring has moved and is all twisted up, it is creating a rattle noise.

Is it hard to loosen the spring and fix up spring rubber?

If so how do i go about doing this?

Thanks

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 20:50

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 20:50
I think you forgot to tell us what vehicle you have and what sort of springs you're talking about.
AnswerID: 114658

Reply By: Steve West - Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 21:09

Monday, Jun 06, 2005 at 21:09
Hi Brent.n
First off what vehicle do you have? i'm assuming your talking about the rubber damper thingie on top of a coil spring. my first thought to your question is how did it become dislodged in the first place? Have you been off road and have had full extension of the shocks ? anyways to rectify you'll have to lift the car body to a point where the coil becomes lose, you should have to undo the bottom shock mounting bolt to do this. put a couple of axle ( chassie stands under the chassie) so you wont get sqished if the jack dislodges i usually put a stand under the tow bar and one under the chassie on the side thats lifted then lower the car onto them and then just apply a little pressure back on the jack, call me safty conscience but i have my reasons, anyways nows the time to crawl under and realign the rubber thingie. hope this helps
Steve West.
AnswerID: 114666

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 07, 2005 at 22:39

Tuesday, Jun 07, 2005 at 22:39
Brent..
Its common specially when new.

jackup car (allow diff to drop)
remove shocks,
if the springs are not loose at all,
small bottle jack on the diff to push diff down, then you can either remove the spring, or fix the rubber bit.. cable tie them in place I did last time Ibleeped around with them.
AnswerID: 114842

Sponsored Links