Simpsoon desert track reports

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 08, 2005 at 20:16
ThreadID: 23698 Views:1974 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Well Ruth , we are all ears on what the rains are doing in your side of the woods( or should I say dunes lol ) . We leave home on the 24th , so looking forward to any track reports you may bring our way .

regards Eric C . aka Nitro aka TUFF 80 lol
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Karsten from Big Red Cafe - Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 10:44

Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 10:44
Sorry to dsappoint you Eric (on both counts)

Ruth must busy at the mo. & there's been not a drop of water 'round here. All the tracks are open & in fairly good nick. The only sad news is that the council have damaged the track to the dingo caves in what appears to be an attempt from stopping people going up there. No problem for 4x4 but a bus that recently visited had to take a couple of shovels out to make it possible to get out there.....Sounds like fun, eh?

AnswerID: 115030

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 14:34

Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 14:34
Thanks Karsten - have been very busy this a.m. I agree with everything you say - except for the couple of rain drops I just felt. Hahaha. Don't anyone panic!!!!! Didn't know about the bus - wot an outback adventure for them. Hhehe.
FollowupID: 370833

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 21:16

Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 21:16
Never disupointed when about to go on any trip lol . Ruth , you just get those hand lines ready lol .

Karsten, do you still have the jam session's I read about once ? if yes , i might bring up my Alexandria terabouka lol
FollowupID: 370883

Follow Up By: Karsten from Big Red Cafe - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:02

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:02
......It was a bit of a drip last night, wasn't it ??

Looked on the Weather site this morning thinking a few mm would have been registered and..... 0 mm !!!!

Surely we had atleast 1mm ? I guess the evap. rate is high enough to nullify those few drops.

Checked out Marree, they had 4.2mm. Maybe we'll get a chance to register something today.

And for anybody travelling this way, I'm sure you'll have a fairly dust free journey (wasn't that nice of the heavens ? LOL)
FollowupID: 370934

Follow Up By: Karsten from Big Red Cafe - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:07

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:07
Oh, and yes Eric

We still jam whenever we can.

Please bring any strange instruments you have - we're always ready to accomodate any sounds & styles......

If you don't have any room for your Alexandria Terabouka we have a large array of unusual instruments to choose from.....

Wolfgang has a lovely little Churrunga which is made out of an Armadillo, then there's always the Yak toe nails to shake.....

See you 'round the fire
FollowupID: 370936

Reply By: Neville M (VIC - Melb) - Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 13:39

Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 13:39
Eric

Sorry I didn't get back to you.
Did the Simpson 3 weeks ago, French, Coulson, WAA, Erbena track, Rig, Lone Gum, Knolls & QAA line

Start of French to Coulson track was a bit rutty, a group ahead of us went the whole way over the French hauling two trailer and getting stuck, that chewed it up a fair bit, WAA was quite good did not look like it had seen much traffic this season. Although one big blow hole go me stuck for a short while.

As usual the knolls towards the top end is quite rough due to the stone ridges.

QAA line wasn't to bad, except for the crew who did not know they should be on channel ten, took some convincing, also another car who was listerning but not talking.

Hope you have a great simpson trip, would love to be back there
AnswerID: 115061

Sponsored Links