Kimberley - Tableland Track

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 20:31
ThreadID: 23728 Views:2135 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday all,

I'm planning to travel Outback Australia in 2006 for a year. I will be in the Kimberley in July/August an my intention is to travel the Tableland Track from the Morington Wilderness Camp via Teronis Gorge to the Great Northern Hwy.

In 2002 I was told at the Old Morington Bushcamp, that the track is flushed away by the last wet season. Anyone with update information or even GPS-data?

Cheers
Reto - Switzerland
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 21:05

Thursday, Jun 09, 2005 at 21:05
Reto, as far as I know the track is closed. I have a friend that will know, I will contact him and find out for sure. Maybe someone else will post before I get back to you?
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 115123

Reply By: austinrunner - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 04:11

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 04:11
According to Ron & Viv Moon's website for updating the 4th edition of their Kimberley guidebook:

"The track past Tablelands HS and through Bedford Downs station in the central Kimberley has been closed and a locked gate has been erected. It seems early travellers winched their way through Teronis Gorge and destroyed this private station track thereby making it all but impassable, except with the use of a winch and that hasn’t pleased the local landowners!
Access from the Gibb River Road end to the delights of Old Mornington Station and the nearby gorges are still possible."
AnswerID: 115165

Sponsored Links