HJ47 washer bottle

Submitted: Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 13:51
ThreadID: 23754 Views:2239 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hallo all,

I'm trying to find a washer bottle/radiator overflow bottle for my old HJ47 as I'm changing the rego from Qld to WA and it has to go over the pits. As far as I can tell the two bottles come as a single unit.

I've tried all the wreckers in Perth with no luck, and although I could pay a stupid amount for a genuine replacement (don't ask how much) I want to be able to eat for the next few weeks so would rather buy used...

Anyone know where I can find one - any good wreckers over East who could post it to me?

Cheers, and thanks,

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BenSpoon - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 14:44

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 14:44
On my 45 series it was 2 separate items- the overflow on the front next to the radiator and a windscreen washer bottle closer to the firewall.
For parts, try some wreckers in Bayswater- One I always had luck with was ALL A1 TOYOTA PARTS
41 Munt St Bayswater 6053 (08) 9371 0277
(around the corner from all holden spares- where there is half a panel van stuck to a wall)

I've also heard alot of good things about A1 spares at the top of a hill in Malaga- A number of people pointed me there, but i always found my gear in baysie.

Also worth a try is Don Kyatt - they do countless aftermarket non-gen stuff for old cruisers- they are in welshpool from memory.
AnswerID: 115251

Follow Up By: David/Dave - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 15:10

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 15:10
Hi Ben,

there are two bottles on the HJ47 but they're definitely stuck together, at the front on the driver's side (in this one anyway).

Thanks for those names. I called Don Kyatt and he could only offer genuine parts. The Bayswater guys said the usual 'plenty of stuff here, pretty sure we've got one' so I'll go and have a look.



FollowupID: 370991

Follow Up By: BenSpoon - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 15:19

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 15:19
At bayswater, see if you can go round the back and check it out yourself.
They generally still have the bits on the cars, and depending who you get they may be too lazy to take it off for ya, so they will say they dont have it.
FollowupID: 370996

Reply By: lazylcd - Saturday, Jun 11, 2005 at 23:43

Saturday, Jun 11, 2005 at 23:43
Try ebay, they had heaps for the GQ, at a steal, wished id seen that b4 forking out well over $100 for mine :os
AnswerID: 115396

Reply By: David/Dave - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 12:16

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 12:16
Thanks guys - found one out in Bayswater, reasonable price - still had detergent in the washer bottle too!


AnswerID: 115534

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 20:34

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 20:34
do your own. Overflow bottlele from your local auto parts store and go to the wrechers and get a hzj squirter bottle. Dont bother trying to get one with a working motor - none do another 30 dollars from your auto parts store. Should be heaps of room to fit this stuff
AnswerID: 115587

Sponsored Links