Squeaks in GQ rear doors

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 11, 2005 at 23:58
ThreadID: 23788 Views:1672 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
My GQ Patrol has very noisy squeaky rear doors that annoy the c.r.a.p. out of me.
The seals seem to be in good condition so I have no idea how to fix the problem. Anyone else have this and if so how did you fix it?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 00:12

Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 00:12
Is that squeaky doors when you open them or squeaky when you drive??

Some dry lube on the hinges and the striker plate may help... Can you adjust the striker to eliminate as much movement as possible?? If it is the seal is the culprit, have you tried cleaning the seal and the bodywork it sits against?

Just a bunch of probably useless ideas from a bloke suffering on night shif, what's your excuse for being up this late??

Cheers
Blue
AnswerID: 115398

Follow Up By: troy35 - Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 08:56

Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 08:56
My excuse...Im in WA so its not that late. However for a Sunday morning its really early here now.( 6.55am)
They squeak when they drive but I will try to move the striker plate like you suggest.
FollowupID: 371103

Reply By: dock - Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 05:46

Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 05:46
Have had the same problem with the barn doors on an 80 series tojo. Fixed it by cutting about an inch of the half inch poly pipe used in the garden and then trimmed it to wrap around the tongue of the striker plate. Fastened it with a couple of plastic ties and did it for both top and bottom. Found it lasts for about 10000 k's before you have to turn it around a bit and get a new tight fit. hope that makes sense!
AnswerID: 115408

Follow Up By: troy35 - Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 09:01

Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 09:01
Okay I didnt realise the noise was caused by this, I thought it may have been my door selas which seem in good condition still though. I will give your idea a try.

I once had this annoying rattle somewhere on the fromt right hand side. For two years I tried to find it, had the entire dash out at one stage. Then by accident I found out what it was. The bonnet latch was rattling agasint its outer housing when closed. Put some foam in there and it went away forever.

Thanks for the tip
FollowupID: 371104

Sponsored Links