Warrumbungles

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 16, 2005 at 20:23
ThreadID: 23924 Views:1609 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Ok I have about 3 or 4 days to spend in the Warrumbungles on the way over to the coast.

I need to know what there is to see. Have previously seen the Breadknife and the Grand High Tops and the Telescope. What I am after is those secret little spots that you don't want to tell anyone about. I promise not to tell anyone and will blindfold the family on the way in so your sescret will be safe. You can member message me if this forum is not secure enough for you.

Seriously are the best spots the ones the National Parks tell you about or are there some more secluded places that are little visited.

Thanks in anticipation.
Duncs
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ROTORD - Friday, Jun 17, 2005 at 07:51

Friday, Jun 17, 2005 at 07:51
Hello Duncs

Can't help you with camping spots , but it may add to your trip if you get a copy of Ion Idriess book THE RED CHIEF. Covers the period just before the arrival of Europeans and some of the main action takes place on the northern slopes of the Warrumbungles . Start at the chapter 'The Strangling Cord' . Using clues in the book it may be possible to identify the site where Red Kangaroo clubs his wives to be.The terrain details of that spot are specific , and direction and distance from the northwestern area of the Warrumbungle slopes may be infered .Other spots in the northern slopes may be identified by deducing his escape route .
AnswerID: 116107

Sponsored Links