captain's chair

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 11:10
ThreadID: 23985 Views:3289 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Me again. If you spend a stupid amount on a vehicle... that lets you spend lots more... because the percentage to the total is less.... did that make sense.

Anyway. I'd love to have a pivoting passenger seat so that it can be swung around to face the back of the super trooper.... That becomes the 'easy chair' for viewing DVDs etc [got get me one of them too].

So... any suggestions. Got one? I'm working on making one, but I guess I probably will end up spending mega-bucks from som RV fitter to get one.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - 'Lucy' - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 14:29

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 14:29
Maaaaaate! I luv your outlook on 'troopy' life.

Sometime ago a 'person' ( the most charitable description I can think of) on this forum had the temerity to accuse me of over capitalising on developing my Troopy to where it was at that time.

If he knew what I have done to it since then, he would have $$$$$ nightmares and need counseling for the rest of his life.

Anyway the point I made then and reiterate now is this:

If you have the disposable cash to spend, enjoy spending it on whatever in life floats your boat and you make use of that whatever it is, then you are not over capitolising. Also why do people spend S H I T LO A D S on 4WD = because they can.

As to your pivot chair, if you have the room and want one, then go to someone like Winnebago etc etc who have these 'mothers' as standard and see if you can get one pre made to fit. That way you don't have to mess around with R & D on your machine and its quicker and more $$$ efficient all up.

Have a good one and enjoy your 'ridiculous spending' I do however SWMBO has some reservations occassionaly.

Regards

Ken Robinson.

PS

Ode to 'Bruce'

AnswerID: 116373

Reply By: Horacehighroller - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 16:49

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 16:49
I believe the "swivel plates" are available to allow OEM seats to swivel.
Don't know where or $$ but try a motorhome place for advice

Peter L
AnswerID: 116391

Reply By: V8Diesel - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 21:42

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 21:42
Try a boating shop.
AnswerID: 116447

Reply By: BenSpoon - Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 15:05

Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 15:05
keep in mind the legality of it- I know they like cracking down on aftermarket seats, and with a custom base...?

I dont know how the 75's are setup, but the dramas I had in my 45:
A copper told us they were not legal
The mounting for the passenger seat was lower than the floor of the rear of the vehicle.
side clearance for the back rest of the chair- is there room for it to turn more than 90degrees?

I guess you'd need to keep the sliding frame lever at the front, and mount your base on that with a catch or something to stop the rotating whilst driving, then bolt the chair to the top half of the swivel. Let us know how you go with it.
AnswerID: 116550

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:17

Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:17
do you get to call the esky in the back 10 forward? and does the person in the chair say make it so no1 when giving directions ? and when changing into top do you say warp 5 - engage??? you gotta consider all these things as well
AnswerID: 116642

Reply By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 16:50

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 16:50
Try this - swivel seats

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 116916

Sponsored Links