Awning End

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:07
ThreadID: 24052 Views:1871 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a Jayco Freedom 14 ft pop top with the standard Carefree Awning. I want to fill in one end for some protection from wind and rain when camping. Does anyone have any ideas / pictures of what they did to assist with a plan that I can give to a local boat canopy maker to assist with our thoughts. The attachment to the awning canvas end and pop top section gap is a bit daunting.
Brian DJ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wizard1 - Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:34

Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:34
We experienced the wind and sun problems for a couple of years, the decided to get a full set of awning walls (Aussie Traveller through Sar Major Canvas, Adelaide). Best think since sliced bread. Besides blocking the wind and sun, they stopped the awning flap in wind, provided strength to the awning during strong winds and gave us the flexability to fit from one through to all three walls depending on the situation (comes in with 2 ends and a front wall).

Tried the shadecloth as a front wall, but it was never that good. With large windows we get plenty of ventilation as well as the extra room it provides.

Cost is based on van size and the options or extras you get. Have a look at this a sit shows how the whole thing comes together:

http://www.aussietraveller.com.au/products/antiflapkits.htm

Wizard
Prado TD
Freedom 16.52-1
Gold Coast
AnswerID: 116692

Reply By: Wizard1 - Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:34

Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:34
We experienced the wind and sun problems for a couple of years, the decided to get a full set of awning walls (Aussie Traveller through Sar Major Canvas, Adelaide). Best think since sliced bread. Besides blocking the wind and sun, they stopped the awning flap in wind, provided strength to the awning during strong winds and gave us the flexability to fit from one through to all three walls depending on the situation (comes in with 2 ends and a front wall).

Tried the shadecloth as a front wall, but it was never that good. With large windows we get plenty of ventilation as well as the extra room it provides.

Cost is based on van size and the options or extras you get. Have a look at this as sit shows how the whole thing comes together:

http://www.aussietraveller.com.au/products/antiflapkits.htm

Wizard
Prado TD
Freedom 16.52-1
Gold Coast
AnswerID: 116693

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 15:29

Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 15:29
I have an annexe for my van, but as the walls are in sections, you can easily put up one side only for wind/sun protection. Plus you then have the added benefit of an annexe when you need it. Best talking to a canvas trimmer who makes van annexes, he will have lots of ideas for you.

Cheers

Captain
AnswerID: 116736

Reply By: flappa - Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 15:40

Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 15:40
Any Canvas Trimmer worth their weight should be able to whip you up something , FAR cheaper , then a commercial made "annex" wall.

I made my own Shadecloth walls for my CT , but , thats not really what you are after.
AnswerID: 116738

Sponsored Links