First Visit to Noosa

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 21:09
ThreadID: 24091 Views:1717 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I (and family) am going to Noosa North Shore for a week to check out the sites.

It will be our trip since relocating to sunny QLD. (BTW, its freezing at the momet)

Does anyone have suggestions on "Must See" spots whilst we are up there.

I am trying to use part of the week as a recce, and plan for future trips.

All help appreciated

Thanks

TonyG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: govo - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 21:54

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 21:54
Tony...make sure you check out Alexandria Bay. I have been told it is a very nice place to visit and very scenic....lol
AnswerID: 116967

Follow Up By: jon p qld - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 22:13

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 22:13
It's also a nudist beach
FollowupID: 372468

Follow Up By: govo - Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 22:11

Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 22:11
Damm jon p....you spoil all my fun (:
FollowupID: 372777

Reply By: Member - Troopytrek - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 22:24

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 22:24
G,Day,TonyG, Take a drive along the Fresh Water Track comes out just south of Rainbow Beach and if you pick your Tide Times Right then follow the beach back around Double Island Point Back to North Shore. While you are in Rainbow Beach Stop at the B.P. Service Station and have a look at the photos of the carnage created by trying to get around the rocks at any time other than low tide. Have a GREAT time.

Troopytrek!!!!!
AnswerID: 116971

Reply By: Brian B (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 22:24

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 22:24
Hi Tony,

Welcome to QLD.

If you head north from where you are you will be travelling along Teewah Beach. You will ntoice that once you enter Cooloola shire which is about halfway along this stretch, that beach camping is allowed. Further North you will also see the remains of the shipwreck of the Cherry Venture on the beach and the famous coloured sand cliffs.

There are a couple of tracks off the beach with the first one being the Kings Bore Track. Do not go into this one as it is one way only down to the beach. The next one is the Freshwater Track which goes for approx 14klm and takes you through to the blacktop at the Gympie/Rainbow Beach Road. Only a couple of hundred metres along this track is the freshwater camp ground.

If you continue along the beach and just before reaching Double Island Point, you will see another track to the left which takes you through to the beach and into Rainbow Beach. This is the Leisha Track. Again more coloured sand cliffs as you head towards Rainbow Beach and you will pass the area called Mudlo Rocks. Just make note of the tides and conditions on the day and you will get around these fine. They have claimed a number of vehicles over the years. Shortly after the rocks you leave the beach and enter the Rainbow Beach township.

This is the launchpad for a trip to Fraser and to help plan a further trip, take a drive out of town to Inskip Point and you will see the where the barges cross to Hook Point on Fraser.

I could probably go on and on but this is just an overview of what is on offer in this part of the world.

MM me if I can offer any more detailed info for you. It is a great part of the world with plenty to see and do. Buy yourself a tide book so you know the right time to be on the beach.

Enjoy
AnswerID: 116972

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 07:52

Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 07:52
Hi TonyG

I am going up the North Shore this weekend coming, going up Sat moring as low tide is nice and early. There are plenty of nice spots on the North Shore, make sure you go around to rainbow bay, the fresh water camping ground is really nice they have BBQ there as well, you can also go for a swim in the fresh water lake.

If you want to catch up let me know and we can have a beer or something up there..will let you know CB channel we use up there if you like

Regards,
AnswerID: 116997

Follow Up By: Rosco - Bris. - Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:26

Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:26
Troll

Check the Rainbow Beach rocks while you're there. I heard the other day there's a 38' boat high and dry.

Cheers
FollowupID: 372486

Follow Up By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:44

Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:44
a boat...wow. I will take a photo if it is there and post it. Those rocks are nasty...I nearly lost my Hilux there on low tide even....I hit a big rock while going through the water and the tyre came of the rim.
FollowupID: 372488

Reply By: Tripp'n Around - Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:26

Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:26
Hi Tony

Brian, Troll and Rosco's post are pretty spot on.
Make sure as suggested to check out the Mudllo Rocks area before attempting to go around them, very important as this can't be expressed enough.
Make time to check out the coloured sands too, shame on you boys to not include that one..... :)
Enjoy the drive along there and if you love beach fishing you should manage to get a feed.
Pippis and beach worms are easy to get along the beach.
Otherwise stop at the bait shop for your supply before getting into Tewantin or near the "chook" shop (if still there) in Tewantin before heading to the ferry, if going that way.
Also if in Noosa there is a N.P. there with great views, pleasant walk and you just might be lucky enough to see a few of the parks local inhabitants too.

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/qld/sunshinecoast/inskip/guide/cooloola-national-park
http://www.sunshinecoast-australia.com/100349.php
http://www.noosa.com.au/outandabout/northshore/nth_shore2.htm

Cya
Tripp'n
:)
AnswerID: 117010

Sponsored Links