gu patrol 4.2

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 20:09
ThreadID: 24201 Views:1535 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
ok folks i'm serious now. i'm shopping for a gu patrol cab chassis second hand. what do i need to look out for. any common problems or major ones that aren't obvious...?
does anybody know any dealers/auctions that commonly have them?
thanks folks.
joel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: desert - Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 21:20

Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 21:20
Leaf or coils? Not much goes wrong with them except spring towers pulling away from the chassis at the rear if they have been overloaded with heavier coils. The leaf models are bomb proof, but do not ride as nice or have as supple a suspension travel. Depends on your intended load. In my opinion, the wheel base is too short(it's the same as the wagon), and so it is very easy to get too much overhang rear of the rear wheels which makes them porpoise along secondary roads.
AnswerID: 117605

Reply By: GUPatrol - Monday, Jun 27, 2005 at 10:23

Monday, Jun 27, 2005 at 10:23
Joel,

There is only one thing to keep in mind regardles of model.

Between the years 2000 and 2001 the gear manufacturer for the gearboxes stuffed up some spline tolerances which results in 5th gear failures, make sure that the vehicle you get (if it falls within these years) has had the gearbox fixed by Nissan.
You can otherwise get the VIN number and email it to Nissan and they will tell you if it falls within those faulty ones.

Will
AnswerID: 117656

Reply By: babs - Thursday, Jun 30, 2005 at 14:28

Thursday, Jun 30, 2005 at 14:28
Hey Joel, im keeping an eye out for you, let me know what your budget is. Keep checking that fowles auction website look under NSW government commercial vehicles, also check drive.com, carpoint.com the commercial dealers normally advertise with them.

Good Luck,

Babs
AnswerID: 118259

Sponsored Links