Second Battery Tray in a Nissan

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 20:10
ThreadID: 24202 Views:1775 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all, I have tried to fit a second battery tray to a 2005 Nissan Patrol, 3Litre Turbo with ABS brakes. The Piranha untit I bought was for this model but I would say it is the older 2004 model. Has anyone successfully fitted a Piranha tray to a latest model Patrol wagon ? Would like to hear from you. Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - The Crow (QLD) - Monday, Jun 27, 2005 at 20:15

Monday, Jun 27, 2005 at 20:15
HI have a 2005 series 4 3ltr ST patrol with an ARB duel Battery system fitted. Got it fitted before I took delivery it's not Piranha but ARB's Smart Solenoid system it includes Battery, Tray, Mounting hardware, wiring and is setup to your requirements.
200 Series V8 Diesel
Thanks for the Rest Flying West and Flying Very Low along the track not coming back. The Crow

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 117785

Reply By: Dog (NT) - Monday, Jun 27, 2005 at 22:04

Monday, Jun 27, 2005 at 22:04
Sorry, I had the ARB model fitted, and it went fine.

Can send a photo of the unit if you want, but the ARB solenoid from memory, is smaller than the Piranha set up.

Where I did have trouble was with an air compressor. Normally they put the aircompressor where the ABS unit is, but if you have ABS it won't go under the bonnet.

It actually fits under the passenger seat, although it doesn't look like it will, the carpet sits higher than the floor, and if the airtank lays on its side...bit hard to describe, but if anyone wants to I can take a photo.

Dog
AnswerID: 117811

Reply By: 4X4Treker - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2005 at 05:27

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2005 at 05:27
I have tranfered my second battery tray out of my old Maverick (GQ) into my new GUIV STL and did not have any problems just had to modify two of the existing brackets and drill a couple of new holes in the old tray to match the existing mount holes on the new one
Had to mount the parralleling switch and solinoid on the bracket in front of the ABS, it was relatively easy though and all the old cables were the right length.

Cheers
Treker
AnswerID: 117834

Sponsored Links