Magazines .

Submitted: Friday, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2428 Views:1579 Replies:9 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I subscribed to 2 mags a while ago
Aussie 4wd mthy and 4x4 aussie thru

http://magshop.com.au/
I'll make it a little bigger so you can seeit.

http://magshop.com.au/

Now I havent recieved last 3 months worth (I've called each month to inform them they suck), real good since I subscribed in June... Their website shows me that I have 6 months left on my subscription, but THEIR computers DONT show one of the mags AT ALL!!

They arent willing to help out much at all. Call this #, hang on I'll put you thru to someone else, do you mind holding, then get cut off regularly, then start the circle again, then end up back at the start.

Confusing as it is, they dont do the Aussie 4wd monthly, they take the subscription and then hand it to another company that doesnt answer their phone. They dont tell you this when they take your $... Its up to me to sort it out according to them to chase it up. What ever happened to customer service on this planet?.

Just a warning for anyone else that may get stung by this. Just goto the newsagents... May cost more but you get your bleep te in the end. Thats what Im gonna do.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Andrew - Friday, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:00
Truckster,
I subscribed to 4WD Monthly through one of the special offers in the magazine itself. Get the mag at a cheaper price bang on time every month.
AnswerID: 8828

Reply By: Jono - Friday, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:00

hey truckster, it sure sounds like you've got the rough end of the stick.

I subscribe to Aus. 4WD Monthly and i love it. I agree with the other response though, you should take out your subscription direct with the publishers not through any third party company.

It really is pathetic because you should be able to trust these so called reputable companies, but i guess things get stuffed up when going through third parties. don't worry, i'm not making excuses for them, i'm 100% on your side.

That is total bull when they told you that its up to you to sort it out. There is a thing called the Trade Practices Act. Each state has adopted this federal act and ammended it to suite themselves and then called it something else, so depending on what state your in you will have to look for a different act (here in WA it is the Fair Trading Act).

But basically under this act, any business that sells you something has the obligation to provide it to you, exactally as they were meant to, and if they dont then they are in breach of the act and you can make a complaint against them at your states comsumer protection organisation (eg in WA it is the Department of Consumer and Employment Protection).

I suggest you keep on their backs about it and start to communicate with them in writing, even if they dont write back at least you will have documentary evidence of everything you have sent them.

Good luck.
AnswerID: 8831

Follow Up By: Truckster - Friday, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:00

Thing is I didnt realise it was a third party... or how they worked, just 'thought' it would all happen.

They do control the 4x4 aussie mag and I thought they would be the same with the other.

They advertise 1000's of magazines!!! take a look, theres everything!

But wonder how many are them just taking the $ and passing it on???

But basically under this act, any business that sells you something has the obligation to provide it to you,

then Microsoft are gone! never had anythign from them without bugs!!!
FollowupID: 4362

Reply By: Member - Nigel - Friday, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:00

Can't comment on 4X4 coz I still get it from the newsagents, but I get 4WD Monthly delivered - their own subs dept always answers the phone and are always friendly. And you save around 50% over off the shelf price.
AnswerID: 8837

Reply By: JC - Friday, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:00

I also subscribe to 4wd Monthly direct with no problems.
Give them a call or email them and let them know what has happened to you, they may be able to do something about it.
I'm sure they would hate to lose a subscriber.

JC
AnswerID: 8842

Reply By: desert - Saturday, Nov 23, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Nov 23, 2002 at 01:00
G'day truckster. I am going through the same excreta at the moment. I took out a new subscription in October. They cleared my cheque on the 22/10/02. Now it's 23/11/02 and still no magazine. I thought today's computor animated business was supposed to be faster and more efficient. Have started sending them blunt e-mails asking to pull out their fat digits.
Desert
AnswerID: 8874

Follow Up By: Truckster - Saturday, Nov 23, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Nov 23, 2002 at 01:00
Desert,
Who was it thru?? Not the same place by any chance!?!?!

As for computers makin things easy, if they did I would be out of a job!
FollowupID: 4395

Reply By: prado - Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00
Hey Truckster,

Have had a similar problem.Bought a book "The Australian Honours Roll" from a New Zealand company,by a guy called Alister Taylor.He cashed the cheque 14months ago and still no bookIt seems he also fleeced Canada with their edition.Anyway,after sending all the info to Fair Trading in Sydney (head Office)They are now taking him to courtI can attend through Phone link!It appears he sold about 2000 advance copies ripping off mostly elderly peop[le,who wanted a copy of their piece of history!!Dont let them get away with it,complain ,as they could also be ripping off 1000s.

Regards Prado.

AnswerID: 8890

Reply By: Member - Tony - Monday, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:00
Truckster,

Sounds like you got jipped, mate. Like others, I subscribed to 4WDMthly direct through one of the deals in the mag. Never had a problem.

Keep at 'em, mate, and let us know how you go.

Cheers, Tony
AnswerID: 8952

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Tuesday, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:00
Truckster,

Since you subscribed via the internet, I'm presuming you paid by credit card. If so, just get onto your credit card provider and tell them the goods/service has not been rendered at you want the transaction cancelled. Your credit card provider will then give the company a set period of time (I think about 2 weeks) to respond with proof of the transaction. If they don't get it, your refund will be automatic.

Worth a try!

Melissa
AnswerID: 8987

Reply By: desert - Tuesday, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:00
Sorry about the delay in reply. However, 4x4ing takes preference. Well, today, 26/11/02 the Holy grail arrived. You asked me how I subscribed, and it was via the tear-out coupon in the mag.(4WD monthly). Can't say if my threatening e-mails actually sped up the mailing process or not. Gota go a do some reading. Chow baby!
AnswerID: 8998

Sponsored Links