garmin 276c gps

Submitted: Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 19:11
ThreadID: 24360 Views:1854 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Woundering if anyone has used one of these units, and if so can I get some feed back on your thoughts.

Regards Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Michael B (NSW) - Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 20:48

Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 20:48
Rob
Have one as part of my fit out for tripping starting this Sunday, dont really know
if I did the right thing with the Garmin yet. As I'm not really into computers and PDAs etc,just wanted something simple but good and wasnt worried about the
price. Nice display, mounted on a suction arm on the windscreen, excellent for telling me how to get somewhere or tracking where you are at any point in a trip. A bit fussy to use, but I'm old and hate computers anyway, decent set of maps and compass and I'll go anywhere. Dislike having to put a full street address in for a destination, rather than a town or area. If you dont have a street no. it dosn't
want to know me, but maybe I'm not using correctly yet. Will hopefully get much
more usable on the trip.
Mike B
AnswerID: 118478

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 21:28

Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 21:28
its like the Big Brother to the 60CS and its a pearler, big screen, wasy to use and yes youo can just look up a town I think.

Go get one
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 118488

Reply By: Niko - Friday, Jul 15, 2005 at 03:22

Friday, Jul 15, 2005 at 03:22
Normally you have the option to search nearest town in a Garmin. Not having played with a GPSMAP276C I can't be certain. That GPS is great for Marine maps as well.
AnswerID: 120451

Sponsored Links