seat replacment stuffed back

Submitted: Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 21:42
ThreadID: 24363 Views:2052 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi all please need some advice on front seat having major problems with my back,i have 1999 landcruiser and has no lumber support,and cant drive it for to long about 1 hour and need get out and go for a walk, need to know if ia can modify the standard seat so it will give me some support,or has anayone done mods to there seats for more comfort, planning to some touring in spring casnt be stopping every hour to go walk about never get there.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 22:27

Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 22:27
Hey Stan, go to a wrecker and sit in a few seats there, then buiy the most comfortable one, take it to your engineer mate and get it fitted. Cheaper than stuffing around with an old seat and you just might get some reliable-non-toyota bits in the Cruiser. Just kidding, actually Celica seats are THE best i had sat in before the XR, but I have had mates with Honda seats in their 4b's easy.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 118499

Reply By: babs - Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 23:54

Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 23:54
Stan try ARB they have a range of seats with adjustable lumbers air inflated etc. a bit expensive but if your having back problems don't put a price on it . It may be worth your while and expense..

Babs
AnswerID: 118506

Reply By: Leroy - Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 08:14

Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 08:14
Technically if you replace the seats you need to get an engineers cert. I changed my seats in my 'ol commodore for Nissan Skyline Silhouette seats and it didn't take much work to get them to fit.
Another option was to take the standard seats to an upholsterer and get higher density foam put in for more lumber support.

Leroy
AnswerID: 118519

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 08:37

Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 08:37
Stan
Recaro is the best seat around, and have a price to go with it...but your back is stopping you enjoy the cruiser, so id be either going to ARB and getting a flow fit seat (they bolt to existing runners and i think you dont need them engineered) or the recaros (Roman auto tech or similar sell kits for them into your cruiser) then they need engineering.
Ive used recaros for years, and wouldnt sit on anything else if i had a choice....
Incidently, some free advice given to me from a friend who lives on Valium/Morphein for his back.....if your wallet is deformed, you' might have been driving with it in your back pocket, and that puts your back out on any seat !!!!!
Be aware
Andrew
AnswerID: 118520

Reply By: trendy - Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 10:05

Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 10:05
Stan,

I modified my 100 series seat and it worked a treat for me. KAB seating are a truck seat company with plenty of locations, they added a pump up lumbar support for about 80 or 100 $. You could pump it up or let some out for other drivers, I was impressed with mine and it took all of about 1 hour for them to do.

Cheers Trevor.
AnswerID: 118526

Reply By: stans truck - Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 14:14

Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 14:14
thanks all for your comments have given a motor trimmer a ring and he will install a pump up lumbar support in my seat about $250 cheaper than a new seat thanks again regards stan.
AnswerID: 118544

Sponsored Links