Multiple Explosions in London

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:06
ThreadID: 24534 Views:2472 Replies:9 FollowUps:14
This Thread has been Archived
Alerted by my daughter who is living in London, then been watching the reports on Sky news. Multiple esplosions, at least 1 on the underground and at least 3 on busses in London. Many casualties, but still very confused.
Bastards!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Robyn J (QLD) - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:30

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:30
My daughter too resides in London but at present in Aust due to illness of grandfather and now his passing. Am I glad she decided to come home and say goodbye to her grandfather.
I agree Bastards
Wonder if it is something to do we London getting the Olympics?
Jenkie

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 119328

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:34

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:34
If it is to do with the Olympics, they must have planned it well before the result was announced.
Perhaps they took a punt. Certainly something as coordinated as this seems would take some time and effort to set up.
FollowupID: 374435

Follow Up By: Member - rengatt (VIC) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 08:52

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 08:52
I would say that it would have more to do with the G summit in Gleneagles.

FollowupID: 374468

Reply By: Member - Russell B (SA) - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:32

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:32
Yeah, makes me feel smug I've spent my money on travel plans in Australia, hopefully away from all the soft targets made targets by politicians playing games with peoples lives.

Yes the terrorists are bastards and once again I would advocate the return of the Roman Crucifixion (24 hours only) don't want to kill anybody, but somebody started this brawl centuries ago and now we are still paying for it.

Politics/Religion make awful bedfellows.

Rather stick to BWS and 4WD eh!

Regards

The Bastard from SA

Russell
AnswerID: 119329

Reply By: Member - Trevor R (QLD) - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:34

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:34
My wife's brother staying in central london at the moment only got there yesterday. No phone contact at this stage, but as they say no news is sometimes good news??
All mobile phones down apparently
AnswerID: 119330

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:37

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:37
Mobile phones will be hopelessly jammed in London.
For the first hour or so, I was getting more up to date info here via cable TV than was available in London, so was relaying info to daughter via messenger.
Seems to be settling down a bit now though with info getting through over there.
FollowupID: 374436

Follow Up By: Dereck - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 09:23

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 09:23
norm,
All mobile phones would have been closed not jammed, this is standard
Procedure, these scum use mobile txt msgs to expode bombs.
FollowupID: 374471

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor R (QLD) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 13:04

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 13:04
Brother inlaw was found alive and well but is staying in hotel near one of the subway exits, he could see blackened people exiting from the subway, but was warned not to leave the hotel. Can't get much closer than that. As I said last night no news is sometimes good news.
Derek you are correct and we had thought about that.
FollowupID: 374502

Reply By: Exploder - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:55

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 20:55
First up I hope everybody’s family’s are ok if you have any over there.

Ch 7,9 headlines are terror attack in London.
British headlines are explosion in London.

Doesn’t it just bleep u off how Americanised Australia’s news media are always reporting the worst-case scenario. The British news seams to be a lot more down to earth and is not speculating too much at this point.

It sound’s more like the IRA at this point as not many killed and it was not just one major target like sep11, The target seemed to be to try and shut down central London rather than mass destruction.

Either way these people are scum and when they get caught they have forfeited any human rights that the rest of us would be intituled too. Get information out of them buy any means and then push them off a cliff, as they are not worth the $1.50 for a 308 bullet.
AnswerID: 119334

Follow Up By: Member-Neil & Margie-Cairns - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 21:22

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 21:22
When they do get ahold of them ( if ) lets put a bit of faer back into them ,, throw them over the fence at a Crock farm ,, live meat for the hunt ,, think of the good it will do for the skin later , and we'll feel better buying the handbags knowing we took these scum oxygen theives off the face of earth !!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 374439

Follow Up By: Exploder - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 21:41

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 21:41
Yeah good plan.

Wile we are on it why are we sending dog’s and military personal in to search for land mines, These blokes seem to enjoy blowing themself up for the glory of there religion or some shi* why not send them on a emu-bob through a mine field in the name of safer farming land in war ravaged country’s it would save money and help there economy.

FollowupID: 374441

Reply By: Scubaroo - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 21:48

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 21:48
I think it's a f*cking disgrace that Nine has broken coverage to air the Footy Show, and Seven is playing the cricket, as if nothing has happened.

Thank God for my 8c a day and the ABC.
AnswerID: 119347

Follow Up By: Exploder - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:05

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:05
gday Scubaroo

I must say I am surprised they did that, normally a story like this would be on 24-7 this probably means it is not as bad as they first thought/ Or the British gov are keeping very tight lipped about any new information.

That is exactly what these people want the media to do, to play it round the clock get it to consume owe lives and get us scared if the media don’t then they have failed in one of there mission objectives and it is a small victory for us.

In the long term it is better if a huge deal is not made out of it because if we make a big deal out of it then the terrorist’s know there message is getting across and is affecting us.

Just the way I look at it.
FollowupID: 374446

Follow Up By: Member - Troy - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:12

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:12
Very fu#*$ng average! I agree!!!
Still no contact with all of dads side over there :(
FollowupID: 374448

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:16

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:16
Sand Niggaz bombing thebleepout of England real bad

and whats more scarey, we are probably well in the top 4 next targets..

how about harbour bridge, harbour the tunnel, Anzac bridge, and the airport tunnel.
HOw to cripple the worlds 4th biggest city in 10 seconds.

I say its teh french, rainbow warrior style...
AnswerID: 119354

Follow Up By: Member - Smocky (NSW) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 09:41

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 09:41
G'day Truckster,

they've already hit us. They didn't blow up the Sari club to kill Indonesians!

Australia isn't safe, but it is more difficult given our isolation, so they hit an Australian interest overseas where it is softer.

All of these people are cowards and I hope they burn in hell for eternity.
FollowupID: 374475

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 14:44

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 14:44
yea I mean a mainland hit.. not an obscure as that one...

I agree.. They all think they are going to paradise by doing this chit, but they should take some coal with them to help burn.
FollowupID: 374521

Reply By: carson - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:24

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:24
SCUM THEY ARE
AnswerID: 119358

Reply By: Scubaroo - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:27

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:27
Uh, lets hold off on the racist remarks - could be wannabe-IRA for all anyone knows.
AnswerID: 119359

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:47

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 22:47
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1188265,00.html
I HELD OFF.. IT WAS SAND NIGGAZ

GROUP CLAIMS ATTACKS

A terror group linked to al Qaeda says it carried out a series of terror attacks on London that have left a number of people dead and hundreds injured.

A previously unknown group calling itself "Secret Organisation al Qaeda in Europe" said it carried out the attacks as revenge for British "military massacres" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Two London hospitals have reported a total of 185 wounded after a series of blasts hit locations across the city on buses and Tube stations.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there was evidence of explosives at at least two of the six sites.

Scotland Yard has denied reports they were warned of an attack by Israel minutes before the blasts.

Two people have been confirmed dead and at least 90 people injured in the explosion at Aldgate Station.

Prime Minister Tony Blair, issued a joint statement from all the leaders at the G8 summit.

"This is not an attack on one nation - it's an attack on all nations and civilised people everywhere," he said.

Injured treated at Aldgate

"It's important however that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people."

Witness, Angie, saw the bus explode in Russell Square. She said: "There were a whole lot of people around the bus. Next thing I was on the floor and there were a lot of people on me.

"I thought I was going to be crushed. The bus was ripped out at the back. It must have been a bomb."

The entire Tube network has been shut down and police have confirmed blasts at four sites: Russell Square and King's Cross Underground; Moorgate, Aldgate, and Liverpool Street Underground; Edgware Road Underground; and Tavistock Square where there has been a confirmed explosion on a bus.

One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.

The train stopped and people were using umbrellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.

He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.

FollowupID: 374454

Follow Up By: Scubaroo - Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 23:08

Thursday, Jul 07, 2005 at 23:08
The first of many claims I'll bet.
FollowupID: 374457

Follow Up By: Member - rengatt (VIC) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:26

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:26
Further reports have indicated that the claims made by the group claiming responsibility contain basic misrepresentaions of the Koran and the structure of the message is basically incorrect for the language used.

Before I get shouted down I have no cultural ties with any groups I am just trying to be objective.

Might be better to wait till official announcements before pointing the finger at other groups.

Please remember that you do not know all of the members of this forum personally and you may well be offending someone with racist comments.

Scubaroo is right there will be a number of groups claiming responsibilty for this disgraceful act.

FollowupID: 374481

Reply By: Uppy - Member - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:24

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:24
This is a real catastrophe,but we need to think of the casualties and victims of this violent act.People like us who have families,interests.Loves and dislikes.Just going to work to pay the way of their hopes .They didnt have anything to do with a far away war.Lets take a moment to think of them.Before we throw the arrows
may we all be safe uppy
...the school bus,still gets us there

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 119403

Reply By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 16:02

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 16:02
It's a sad sad world at times....my friend's husband just works up the road from Aldgate Station, normally he would be in the tube at that time, yesterday he was early and decided to go to a mainline station and walk part of the way....luck was on his side.....

AnswerID: 119456

Sponsored Links