Not again. RIP all the innocent people killed in London

Submitted: Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 03:03
ThreadID: 24544 Views:1558 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Another dark day in history. One really appreciates life when it taken like this.

Im lost for words.

Thoughts and prays for the people of London.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Nobby - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 08:02

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 08:02
My son is in London and one of the trains that blew up is his normal train for work. That day he and girlfriend went to work early. You can be lucky. We have lots of friends who have kids over there and thankfully none are injured or worse. Do we live in the lucky country or what!!
AnswerID: 119383

Follow Up By: vitara - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:34

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:34
We do live in a lucky country but for how much longer makes you worry.I think I'l just keep traveling round oz they don't seem to want to bomb the outback !!!! Good to hear your som and his girlfriend are safe. Take Care Vitara
FollowupID: 374495

Reply By: glenno(qld) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 09:28

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 09:28
Quote. "Do we live in the lucky country or what!!"
We are lucky that we havnt had any terrorist attacks.
Not so lucky to have Howard as prime minister.
AnswerID: 119399

Follow Up By: Member - rengatt (VIC) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:10

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:10
Is it just my perception or did the roads in to work seem a lot more congested than usual. Driving past the train stations I noticed that there was not as many commuters walking out of the stations.

We all take it for granted and say that these types of things would never happen in OZ but there does seem to be a flow on effect from the televison footage last night with many people changing their traveling habits the next day.

All I can say is live life to the fullest and peace to all.

Deepest Sympathy to any members or visitors who have been affected by this tragedy.

Ren Gatto
FollowupID: 374479

Reply By: maroni - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:13

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:13
yeah makes you stop nad smell the roses, iwanted to go to europe this next week but my husband just didn't feel happy about going, so decided to stay and travel through aust.i think we might be safer in the outback, i know you can't wrap yourself in cottonwool, but sometimes its better to play it safe...our friends left on sunday and they were in sussex for the day thank god they are ok...
AnswerID: 119412

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 18:11

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 18:11
>i know you can't wrap yourself in cottonwool, but sometimes
>its better to play it safe...

When you do that you give in to terrorism. And we should never, ever do that.

Not going is playing into their hands; it's exactly what they want to achieve; to make you frightened.

I lived in the UK when Thatcher gave Reagan permission to use USAF bases in the UK to bomb Tripoli - in the summer following, to their everlasting shame, many Americans cancelled holidays to Europe and particularly the UK.

Once you stop doing the things you normally do then they have won. It's times like this we need courage.

Terrorism will never go away and it will never be curtailed by trying to appease the perpetrators – in any fashion.

The Brits are a tough bunch – the Germans could not defeat them, the PLO couldn’t in the 70s and the IRA have been unable to since the start of the Troubles in 1969. It’ll take more than these bastards to do it. If I had a Union Jack I’d be flying it today.

Mike Harding
FollowupID: 374548

Reply By: Boc1971 - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 12:13

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 12:13
Discusting , cowardly , Pathetic , Dirt , scum - all words to describe the WIMPS that pulled this horrific crime off - Bringing this topic ONTOPIC - these people should be tied together and run down by suzuki's :)

Prayers are with the survivors

Frank
AnswerID: 119422

Sponsored Links