Accelerator lag after changing fuel pump seal

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 09, 2005 at 14:16
ThreadID: 24575 Views:1268 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My Maverick was leaking fuel (when running) and sucking air (when parked up hill)
so i replaced the rubber seal on the idle screw, the spline bit and the cover part (the bit where the air release screw is). There are now now leaks but i have had some troublt getting it to idle properly, it is also a bit laggish on the higher gears. Can someone explain what the spline part attached to the accelerator cable does and how to fix this problem. I have been playing around with different setting, of the idle, stopper screw and the spline placement. Please go easy on the tech talk cuz i dont really know much about this stuff (probably half the prob in the first place).
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Chewbaca - Saturday, Jul 09, 2005 at 15:53

Saturday, Jul 09, 2005 at 15:53
Just to clarify, this is a 4.2 diesel, and it should have said there are NO leaks now.
Cheers
AnswerID: 119562

Reply By: Member - Bill S (NSW) - Saturday, Jul 09, 2005 at 16:30

Saturday, Jul 09, 2005 at 16:30
HI chewbacca, To put it mildely you have stuffed up puting it back to gether, if was in the right spot you wouldnot have to alter the idle settings.Check that you have the witness marks lined up at the spindle, this is where people run into trouble in repairing problem of leaking pumps.I could do the job for you but have to wish you the best of luck.Go see a diesel mech if you cant fix.

Happy days
AnswerID: 119565

Follow Up By: Chewbaca - Saturday, Jul 09, 2005 at 18:21

Saturday, Jul 09, 2005 at 18:21
Cheers Bill, I had to release the idle screw to put the case back on properly, will try the next 'witness mark' up on the spindle.
FollowupID: 374659

Sponsored Links